cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organization/Tree structure report in BOBJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Recently received a requirement for a "report" which to me initially did not look like a report, but rather a model of an organization chart/tree.   I am trying to figure out if something like this is possible to do in any of the BOBJ tools (WEBI/Crystal/Dashboards).  The Level0, Level1 and Level2 objects are all dynamic and there would be multiple Overall Processes - Level 0s (let's say 15).  Each process is then broken down into the respective Level1 and then further into Level 2.  All these levels are dynamic (there could be 2 level1s, 5, etc) and would come from a database (I'm not sure exactly what the data structure would look like, but it can be modeled specifically for this reason).   I see it as a type of hierarchy (but vertical) , but I am having trouble reproducing it in WEBI / Crystal.  I tried a CrossTable report in WEBI, and it almost gets me there but it shows all the Level 2s for each level 1 - can't do that type of breakdown where it compresses the rows dynamically.  What it looks like we are trying to do here is create a horizontal table for Level 0 and Level 1, but then a vertical table for Level 2.  I'm just looking for any ideas on how this may be possible as this is not your typical report.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another idea - you might be able to use Lumira to replace the shapes - see this video:

0 Kudos

It looks like an OLAP cube. I wonder if SAP BusinessObjects Analysis edition, for OLAP would work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue we seem to be having is the fact that we need to create multiple vertical tables (level 2s) for each column (Level1). 

The data looks as such

Level 0              Level 1       System

Overall Process Create        System1

Overall Process Create        System2

Overall Process Create        System3

Overall Process Create        System4

Overall Process Create        System5

Overall Process Create        System6

Overall Process Create        System7

Overall Process Create        System8

Overall Process Develop      System1

Overall Process Develop      System2

Overall Process Develop      System3

Overall Process Develop      System4

Overall Process Develop      System5

Overall Process Develop      System6

Overall Process Develop      System7

Overall Process Award        System7

Overall Process Award        System1

Overall Process Award        System2

So the Level 1s (Create/Develop/Award...) are rows and have a relation to the systems. But the systems are required to be shown as columns, each related to level 1.  But the level 0/1s are dynamic..there could be 1 to 15 Level 0s and 1 to 16 Level 1s.  I can make this relationship show as a cross table, but having a hard time (without doing some Excel Magic in Dasboards) to make it show as a "chart"

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is SAP your datasource?

Have you looked at Lumira Storyboard capabilities?  Go to saplumira.com or look at the tutorials at

Former Member
0 Kudos

At this point, not sure exactly what my datasource will be.  But the data may be able to be extracted into BW and modeled accordingly.