SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article is unable to create

former_member214154
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

Initially I have uploaded all the articles externally through one custom upload program, in that time, no. range of article was defined external assignment. Approx 2 Lacs articles got uploaded. Now I have changed the number range assignment from external to internal and also updated current number status with the last generated article number from list.

Now I am able to use MM41 t.code to create article master and system is taking article number internally. Once I save the MM41 t.code then getting message "article is created".

When I am displaying/changing the same article which is created through MM43/MM42 then getting error message "The Article XXXXXX does not exist or is not activated".

Please help me...why i am getting error message.

BR,

Ashish Kumar

3 REPLIES 3

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check for your number range for any alpha numeric key, SAP provided number range external and internal will be usually used with different series. But you have uploaded it with external tick and later updated as internal with the corresponding last number of the created article.

Kindly check the missing article number in the tables. if not available get the help of ABAP 'er and check whether during saving the "to be" article number is derived or not.

Regards,

SRK

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for quick response !!!

I may wrong but thinking in this way to fix the issue, explain below in details, please advise!

1. Suppose my article number range was 1000001       9999999 (EXT)  (GROUP1)

I have uploaded articles through external program by using template and so far  article number 1077924 got created. There is 99% chance that few numbers withing this range have not been used due to some error.

2. Now I have made this number range 1000001        9999999 (INT) (GROUP1) and updated current number 1077924 whereas buffer is 10

Then if i try to create any article through MM41 then system is creating article (say 1077925) with ref. to system message which is showing during final save of creation of article master. But as soon as i am going to use MM43/MM42 for this article then getting error message "article 1077925 does not exist or is not activated".

3. If I skip 2 step and follow the below steps

Create a new group GROUP2 and define number range 1077925  -  9999999 (INT)

and assign all the article types which are currently assigned to GROUP1.

Then I will create an article through MM41 then hopefully system will create and update articles in master data tables.

BR,

Ashish Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create the article in MM41 after saving it are you able to view the created article number or you get an express message as terminated something like that.

Recheck the newly created article code in the tables. If it is not available check the "SM13"  for locked entries in SAP system.

Kindly ask your BASIS team to look into this in Priority if it is your PRD system.

Kindly revert back .

Regards,

SRK