cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK Installation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I've created SDK extention for design studio. My component works fine when I run it locally (ie: run as from eclipse)

I've Created Feature Project, a Category and a Deployable feature.

now, when I tried to install it on my design studio, the installation failed with the following error:

An Error occurred while collecting items to be installed

session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, Phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

No artifact repository available.

noArtifactRepositoriesAvailable.

--- in the exported zip file, content.jar & artifact.jar exist.

Thanks in advance,

Roman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What steps did do to install the SDK into Design Studio?

I usually follow this:

1) In Design Studio I press CTRL SHIFT ALT D

2) Select Help > Install New Software

3) Click Add, then Archive file

4) Select feature, step through wizard, agree to licensing, restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy it did work that way!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When I try to install a new SDK component into Design Studio, it fails with the message "Discovery completed without finding any extensions.  Please check your network connection and try again".

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthulakshmi,

Since it a new question can you raise it as a separate question .

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthulaksmi,

Can you check your JAR file weather it contain project in it. Usually it occurs if the component is not packed correctly.

can you share the screen shot of the JAR file!

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

PFB the screenshot of the export project:

How do I check if it has the PROJECT in it?

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the plugins folder you can able see the project file in it. That project must be a JAR file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Naveen. The screenshot provided above shows the JAR file (opened in Notepad) within the Plugins folder.

Is there anything else missing here?

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever installed the same component previously ?

Are you installing in the local mode or server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the first time I am installing it in my local. And I am logged in BI Platform server mode.

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Message was edited by: Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to see the component now when I try to Tools -> "Install Extension to Design Studio". However, when I select the component and try to proceed further and click on Finish, I get an error message as below:

The operation cannot be completed. See the details:

And the details show:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software currently installed: Analysis Designer 12.0.2.201311041742 (com.sap.ip.bi.zen.product.platform 12.0.2.201311041742)

Missing requirement: Analysis Designer 12.0.2.201311041742 (com.sap.ip.bi.zen.product.platform 12.0.2.201311041742) requires 'toolingcom.sap.ip.bi.zen.product.platform.configuration [12.0.2.201311041742]' but it could not be found

Any help appreciated on resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthulakshmi,

Sorry for the late reply,

Did you checked the version of the SDK package . I Mean the Packed SDK component mite be DesignStudio1.4 and your  DesignStudio mite be 1.5 .Cross check that also.

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Yes. The initial version of Design Studio when the component was designed and published was DS1.2. Later, we upgraded to 1.3 and again now, DS is upgraded to 1.5.

I created a copy of the existing custom component (which was published in an earlier version 1.2/1.3) and am trying to publish it in DS 1.5 as a new component.

Will it cause issues? If so, how do we resolve this?

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthulashmi ,

Then you need to repack the component (i.e) In your eclipse you need to set target platform as DS1.5 and SDK.XSD file as DS 1.5 XSD file. Then you need to pack the component once again and then uninstall your old component and try to install the newly packed component.
Thanks
Naveen
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Target platform is set to installation folder and xsd file is already set to point to DS 1.5.

Also, am able to install all components which were developed in earlier version.

However, am trying to copy one of the existing component, make minor modifications, pack it and install it again.

This is not working.

I get an error message "com.sap.ip.bi" is missing.

Do you have any idea on what went wrong?

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thank you so much ! You made my day

I add so much issue packaging and installing a feature ... I add to uncheck "use Categories" to see my extension btw.

Have a good weekend !

Answers (0)