cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM - how to exclude or deselect certain ABAP support packages in SUM upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues/ SAP experts,

I am about to do another upgrade for our system using Software update manager SP09. I am using a stack xml file in the upgrade Now, i want to EXCLUDE some support packages in the selection. But, how can i deselect these SP's in this step? it states that I can deselect but there is no deselect options found. What is the correct process in excluding components to be upgraded? There is no highlight functionality that I can see. Thank you hoping to hear from you. Kindly see attached screenshot.

Regards,

Meinard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Good Afternoon

To answer your query

there are two things

1. when you are using Stack.xml File option in SUM you cant Deselect the Support Pack installation .

2. when you Select Option Manually Prepared Directory at there in Configuration phase (5.3) you get option to deselect or Skip option .

Now Still in Stack.xml Approch do the following

while calculating stack.xml in Mopz

after each phase like addon selection , os/db file selection , spam/saint update option and last screen will tell you what all components will be upgrade  at there you can deselect the component by unchecking the checkbox  before that support pack.

by this way that unchecked support packs will be skipped in stack.xml and inturn SUM will not upgrade it.

all the best with your upgrade

write back if you still want anyother information

regards

Dishant pathak

Answers (0)