cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to rename a user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus. For Solution manager integration it's required to create the scheduling user in uppercase.

For example, user in Solman =   REDWOOD_USER .

User in J2EE UME should be in uppercase also = REDWOOD_USER. Finally this user is imported into CPS user list.

By mistake I have created it in J2EE in lowercase, so from CPS point of view user redwood_user is already exist and I cannot overwrite it with  new correct one.

Is it possible jut to rename ( turn to uppercase) the username in CPS?

Regards

Vladimir Kogan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

It is not possible to edit a user in the CPS UI. It is only possible to edit a user in the NW JAVA UME.

I am not sure if it is possible to edit the actual username in the UME - I think maybe not but I will need to check this. You may been to delete and create a new user with the correct name?

Regards,

David Glynn

SAP Global Partner Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have deleted the user from UME and created it again in uppercase.

But I cannot import it again to CPS cause this user already exists in CPS.

Regards

Vladimir

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

This is bad, since you cannot delete users in CPS. What you could do, maybe, is create a user RW_USER instead and use that, I am sure you can actually use any uppercase username.

If you really have to use REDWOOD_USER then you will have to open an OSS note so that they provide code to delete the user on database level.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was just an example of username

The scheduler user exists in all our SAP landscape and we cannot use another one

Also we are working with SAP Netweaver SSO, so it hard to lunch solman workcenter  with another user.

Thank you!

Vladimir

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

I think that the solman connection to CPS is case insensitive, so there is no need to change the username in this case. Although this might be a bit version dependent.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is sensitive....For sure.

Please refer to OSS note 1729766

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

Have you tested this?

Anyway, I refer to SAP note 1798904 - SAP CPS M33.74 release notes:

• BAE Usernames Should be Case-Insensitive

SAP Inbound usernames are now case-insensitive.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in build 104

Doesnot work when RW user is in lowercase.....

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

That is a different problem. The message says: Invalid user VLADIMIR KOGAN. And that is correct since the CPS user is vkogan, that is not the case insensitive version of VLADIMIR KOGAN.

But I think that your ABAP user is also called VKOGAN, in that case we have to configure that the BAE does not use your user Alias, but your technical user name. Please have a look at SAP note 1414492 for that.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

works now!

Answers (0)