cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict/block replication of contact person? SAP CRM 7.0 ehp 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellow crm consultants,

I am looking for a (hopefully) standard solution to restrict the replication of contact persons (CP) from crm to ecc back and forth while they are related/linked to a customer.

In this current scenario we create a new customer on the CRM side and immediately link new or existing contact persons to this customer before saving the new entity. Upon save the data is being replicated and creates the same in ECC. However there is not CP replication been setup between CRM/ECC meaning that normally no contact person information is being replicated or synced between these systems. But only when the customer is being replicated including contact person(s) this is information coming through anyways. I want to completely block the CP information and only replicate the customer information.

Is above possible in SAP CRM 7.0 ehp 2 and how through customization?

Thanks in advance.. points will be rewarded.

Regards,

Rogier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to replicate only customers from CRM to ECC, you can set a filter in the subscription on IS_CUSTOMER = "X" for example. That will stop replication of contact persons, organization units, employees, etc.

See following oss note: 1834681 - How to set filter for BP upload from CRM to ECC

But for something more complex, you might need to implement a function module and add it to table CRMC_BUT_CALL_FU. Kindly check following oss note for an example:

638628 - No contact person upload into R/3: Example for exit users

Best regards,

Nicolas.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nicolas. I already found these notes on other SDN threads but I wondered if this wasn't already outdated since the note says up to version BBPCRM 510. I will proceed with this function module solution!

Regards,

Rogier

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You're welcome. Next time don't hesitate to add your own analysis to your question so that we know you already found relevant notes and just want to know if they are up to date. In this case both notes are valid for your system:first one is version independent and second one is valid for BBPCRM 51 with flag "and subsequent" checked:that means it is valid for all versions above 51 also.

Cheers,

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just now I noticed the checkmark! Next time I will elaborate more on my own findings. Well, thanks for your time Nicolas. Cheers!