cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer call to busy agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks! I need to know how to prevent call disconnect after a blind transfer to busy agent. It should be routed back to an agent who initiated transfer. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Podolak,

This depends on your version of BCM and whether or not the agents have voicemail and what the presence profile is set to etc.

If you are using presence and voicemail when you blind transfer a call to an agent and you have configured the voicemail option then the caller will receive the voicemail option for that agent.

Thus, there would be no way to retrieve the call. 

However, if you are not using voicemail and your presence profile behavior is set to busy (as shown here)

and/or you have the personal queue size of your agents set to 0 (as shown here)

Then from the CDT you will not be able to transfer to this agent.  If you do transfer and this agent and the agent does not answer then the call will be returned to you.

If you are using IC Web you can also prevent a transfer to a busy location and notify the agent in IC web that the location/agent was busy by ticking on this box from the IA under the Integration Interface software.  (Usually your OII Virtual Unit).  This notification will prevent a transfer and notify the agent with an "the destination is busy" response.

With any one of these scenarios if an agent tries to transfer a call to a busy agent or an agent does not answer and the Presence profile is set to BUSY for everything but a new call then the call will be returned to the initial agent.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Marcus - this is what I exactly was looking for - personal queue size set to 0 does the trick!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a parameter in SC for this.