Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

label printing scenario

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have to print two different size labels using same gen variant . I am done with 3X2 " label and now I want to print 5X4 " using the same gen variant . While giving print label command through cbgl_mp01 .I should be able to choose which size label to print for that material . Has anyone come across such situation yet . The main problem I am facing is that I can put only 1 label stock in application object in gen variant . How will I handle the other label size which is 5X4 " label for which I have another  label stock defined already . Right now I am changing label stock in application object to output different size but I guess there should be some option to choose directly from label printing option (going through cbgl_ls02)

Regards,

M D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Refer here to know the concept & try

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56806(One stop solution for your GLM doubts !).

Once you have a fair idea on Label size & label stock, you can handle this on your own !

Regards

Subash Sankar

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Subash,

Looks like we can handle this by maintaining in material master if I am correct . I can maintain two different label size for same material in material master and the label printing will pick both . Am I correct ?

Regards,

M D

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

why do you need to different label sizes for the same "material"? This is not clear to me. Or do you would like to print "different" labels for the same material? Please check docuemtns mentioned by Subash

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

hello CB

Same label in different size for same material depending upon the need .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Can you describe the "NEED" ? Usually the GLM demands (needs) are met using the right & proper usage of Gen Variant, Label size, Label stock, packaging layer...

Regards

Subash Sankar

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

yes but packaging we do not care here so want to have something other way to handle this . can we configure dummy packaging in UOM and assign that might be the feasible solution but we do not want to use BOX cartoon etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Since on what basis you need to print label in different size is not explained in your question, I can't give more suggestion than this:

If your client agree with this logic you can try (Guess they won't take this logic). And doing so (dummy packaging layer) may run you into trouble.

Eg:

If the material is DG relevant, Packaging layer is utmost important to handle the scenario. (All DG relevant materials needs GHS label for transportation ! And depending on the situation, it would be shipped in different packaging layer !)

Regards

Subash Sankar

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

I have still doubts in what you would like to achieve. If you say "dependent on the need" then you must select one or the other in label printing transaction; and e.g. you can not do "automatic printing".

Normally anybody tries to optimize the process in such a way that you can simply "print" the label and need not to select between two options

C.B.

Answers (0)