cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crm consultant handles which types of tickets

Former Member
0 Kudos

crm consultant handles which types of tickets?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A CRM consultant handles no tickets. He is doing CRM project work. A CRM support person handles CRM tickets.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas.

when i joined company i was given a project. since, my project is over now. I wonder  what all trouble tickets types i would be handling.

Thanking you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That depends on your company. Normally you would handle CRM tickets of course. This normally means sales, marketing and service (depending on what you have implemented in CRM). Maybe you also need to cover a little bit SD as this is normally heavily interlinked with CRM.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can elaborate more: a typical work might be support of the sales force which might use the activity or sales order component of CRM. Or inhouse sales who might eventually use the interaction center component of CRM. It depends heavily on what your company has installed. So you might help your users on the phone or with remote access. Eventually you will also correct customizing or do development support which means correcting coding if you have the skills. Standard problems would be reported to SAP via OSS messages.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct that a CRM consultant doesn't normally handle production support tickets due to the cost.  That being said for those of us on the good side, we get to deal with almost everything.  I can honestly say the only lifecycle functions I haven't done in a CRM project is install hardware, install OS, install db software, instal CRM from source cds, apply a support package, and install an upgrade software.   I'm talking about the physical basis tasks and not the projects related to those activities.

I think those of us doing support+projects have more fun.  It's the only situation where I could discuss new business requirements, talk to basis about profile parameters in the same day, fix the SAP GUI and internet explorer and debate with other developers about whether to do something recursively in the same day.  I really wish I had the luxury of consultants of having only to code or configure or write documentation .

Take care,

Stephen

Answers (0)