cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Project queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Do we have to manually assign all costs to sales order items? Even though the Sales Order Items are linked to Project Tasks, some costs do not get automatically assigned to the sales order items. What is the impact of not manually assigning these tasks? We plan to use Cost to Cost Project POC for revenue recognition.

2. For Cost to Cost POC, how do I assign 'Planned Costs' to Sales Order Items? I do not see an option to do so.

3. Is it easier to just use Cost to Cost Project POC and let project managers manage the forecast budget in the Project Management WoC? Or do they have to actively manage project cost forecasts at the Sales Order WoC? What is best practice?

4. It is possible to print multiple invoices from the system at once? For example, how do we print all outstanding invoices for a particular customer at once? It appears we have to manually select individual invoices and go to Ouput History to print invoices. Surely there must be an easier way?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Raman

Kindly find the answers related to Revenue Recongition Queries:

1. You don't need to manually assign costs to the Sales Order Items. When you link the sales order item to the Project header or a Project Task, system will automatically create the assignment rules.Then all the expenses assigned to the Project Header or Project Task will be automatically assigned to the Linked sales order item. However if you have assigned the Project Task in the Sales Order Item and you record your expenses against the Project header, then system won't be able find the linked Sales Order Item.Hence cost will be assigned.You can manully maintain rules for such cases and click on Apply Assignement Rules to determine the sales order item for all the unassigned Expense items.

2. For the Product -delivery-based Items,cost will be picked from valuation tab of the product master data.

For project based items, the assumption is that the cost Calculation is done by the project lead and entered in Sales order manually in the Pricing and Invoicing tab.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Parveen,

I have linked the sales order item to the project header and the costs have also been assigned to the header. However, some costs still show up as unassigned. This does not happen for time recordings but only for supplier invoices. Not sure why. We have a lot of projects and we would struggle to manually assign costs or have the Accounts Payble person also manually key in the sales order item.

Do you know if there is any harm in leaving the items unassigned? For Cost to Cost Project POC, the system would still take the total of the project costs for POC calculations I think. So it may not be an issue under this method.

Also, I cannot find a 'cost estimate' selection under the Pricing and Invoicing tab of the Sales Order. Could this be a config issue? I can only see Item Pricing options but no cost related fields. Would you be able to send a screenshot? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Have you solved your issue regarding the unassigned costs? I have a similar issue with a client who has to manually assign 250 invoice items in time/expense of a project.

I am looking for an automatic way to do the assignments (i.e.propose invoice item assignments) which presently doesn't work for some reason.

Cheers

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

No luck yet. I think the whole process is unnecessary - project costs shouldnt really require another step for assignment to Sales Order Items if say a cost to cost project accrual method is selected. It defeats the purpose of assigning that accrual method. Anyway, its been quite frustrating with the lack of responses from SAP and the expectation that we somehow have to figure all this out ourselves. Such a shame that we have to constantly have workarounds and continue to pay for implementation and license fees!

Another issue I have found is that unless you have a sales order item associated with each of the project tasks, the assignment does not work. So I may have to create unnecessary items for a cent each to link to the project tasks so the costs get assigned.

Frustrated!

Raman