cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call to custom BO Action gives dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to display all inactive employees in the system.  Then the users selects an employee and clicks a button to convert him into a contact.

I have created an OWL which queries the standard Employee BO and displays the list of inactive employees.  Everything works fine till now.

Then I have added a button linked to an event handler, the event handler has the following functions:

1. Create a new instance of the custom BO -> works.

2. Call the custom BO action.  When this is added the OWL screen does not even load, it just dumps.

Could you please let me know why this is happening?  And how do I call the custom BO action in order to create the contact?

Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Does it dump after you've added the Event Handler to the UI or when you call the EventHandler?

Can you share some info from the dump?

Thanks,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

The dump happens after the event handler which calls the custom BO action is added.

I am pasting the UI dump below:

SAP.BYD.LS.UI.Core.Controller.Event.FatalEventProcessingException ---> SAP.BYD.LS.UI.Core.API.Connectivity.BackendProcessingFailedException ---> System.Net.WebException: [HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer]

Arguments: NotFound

Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.0&File=System.Windows.dll&Key=HttpWe... ---> System.Net.WebException: [HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer]

Arguments: NotFound

Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.1.30514.0&File=System.Windows.dll&Key=HttpWe...

at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClassa.<EndGetResponse>b__9(Object sendState)

at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<BeginOnUI>b__0(Object sendState)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Browser.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)

at System.Net.Browser.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at SAP.BYD.LS.UI.Core.Connector.Http.LsHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at SAP.BYD.LS.UI.Core.Connector.BulkConnector.Io.BackendAdapter.HttpWebRequest_BeginGetResponse_Callback(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at SAP.BYD.LS.UI.Core.Connector.BulkConnector.Io.ErrorAnalyzer.AnalyzeError(WebException cause)

at SAP.BYD.LS.UI.Core.Connector.BulkConnector.Io.BackendAdapter.HttpWebRequest_BeginGetResponse_Callback(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at SAP.BYD.LS.UI.Core.Controller.Event.Operations.BackendOperationExecutor.HandleBlockingOperation(EventType operation)

at SAP.BYD.LS.UI.Core.Controller.Event.Operations.BackendOperationExecutor.Execute(UXEventHandlerType handlerDefinition, UXEventHandlerOperationType operationDefinition, Boolean continueOperation, EventHandlerExecutionStarted handler)

at SAP.BYD.LS.UI.Core.Controller.Event.Operations.BackendOperationExecutor.DoProcess(UXEventHandlerType handlerDefinition, UXEventHandlerOperationType operationDefinition, EventHandlerExecutionStarted handler)

at SAP.BYD.LS.UI.Core.Controller.Event.Operations.OperationExecutor.Process(IEventProcessor eventProcessor, UXEventHandlerType handlerDefinition, UXEventHandlerOperationType operationDefinition, Boolean continueOperation, EventHandlerExecutionStarted handler, Boolean doFinalize)

Regards,

Sai

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

How did you configure the operation calling the action?

Did you make sure that the binding exists? Especially as you create a new instance the step before.

Bye,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Please find the screen shot on how I configured the event handler below:

Regards,

Sai

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

The issue here is that the action does not know which is the created instance; there is no binding possible to this new instance.

But let's go back to what you want ot achieve:

• You want to convert an employee into a contact.

As we can not extend a Standard BO with actions you need a Custom BO which points to the employee instance.

• The create would be without this reference
  • The action can not take parameters

Therefore I suggest the following

• Use a MDRO to create instances of your Custom BO which are pointing to the inactive Employees (for initial load).
  • Have an extension to the Employee BO to create an instace of your Custom BO if the Employee is inactive.
  • Query this Custom BO for your OWL.
  • Have an action at the Custom BO for the convertion.
  • Trigger this action for the lead selection

HTH,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution Horst, I will try it out and get back to you.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

The solution you provided does call the custom BO action, and I am able to create a contact from the employee.  Thank you.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Can you please explain the process for calling the custom action.

It would be really helpful if you can provide the steps with the screen print.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Could you elaborate what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for reply.

My requirement is that, Converting account to customer with the approval process.So, i did the following steps.

1. created custom BO

2. Created approval process for custom BO

Now i want to call the actions of custom BO approval process from accounts tab.

Can i be able to do it from accounts screen by extending the BO?is there some other way to achieve this?

Regards,

Mani

Answers (0)