cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start up for Hybris???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to learn SAP Hybris technology, but i didnt get much material on Hybris.I have few sets of question,

1.Currently i am working on SAP CRM, so what kind of technology do i need to adopt to learn Hybris?

2.Will Hybris take over WCM??

3.Please provide me any link on Hybris training Tutorial or if you have any documents that will be very helpful for me.

BR,

Nikhil Haldankar 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Currently i am working on SAP CRM, so what kind of technology do i need to adopt to learn Hybris?

Not sure if you want to be more functional or technical for the part related to the SAP backend or Hybris frontend, but here are some keywords

• Java 1.7
  • JSF / JSP / etc. (UI Layer can be a mixure of whatever is common today)
  • Spring Framework
  • Tomcat
  • Eclipse (or any other IDE)
  • ANT
  • and the verious Hybris frameworks (especially the persistence layer)
  • Hybris Data Hub (comes with the new release and is relevant for the SAP integration)
  • BDocs etc. for the SAP  integration (Similar what you use for the middleware between ERP & CRM)

It is tought to tell you exactly on what you should focus on, because Hybris as a platform is so flexible that you have the choice of which technology or interface you like to use.

2.Will Hybris take over WCM??

Technology wise Hybris will replace WCEM, but we also have the SAP WCE (Web-Channel Enablement / Internet Sales) as solution in parallel. The upcoming version will provide the official support for SAP systems, where you have a set of synchronous and asynchronous options to link Hybris with the SAP backend. The developer environment will very likely not forcing you to use the NetWeaver environment e.g. NWDI, NWDS, etc. as Hybris is not designed to fit into that restrictive world.

3.Please provide me any link on Hybris training Tutorial or if you have any documents that will be very helpful for me.

As already answered here, you can only find documentation on wiki.hybris.com. This environment is only available to partners & customers. The strategy of Hybris is unfortunately slightly different to what you are used with SCN, because nothing is shared so public as we did here.

Some training material you can order online as electronic version, but it costs a little bit. The Hybris training would be probably the best choice, but you have to be customer or partner first to be able to take it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos
former_member224482
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I can answer question #2, Ingo Woesner explained the status of WCEM with regards to hybris at SAP Web Channel Experience Management (discontinued since Oct 2013) - CRM - SCN Wiki.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Robin,

Thanks for the quick reply,, Do you have any material on Hybris for the start up??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

In order to access hybris training information you will need to join the hybris ecosystem.  You have the option to apply as either a Partner or an individual contractor here:

https://www.hybris.com/en/partners/become-a-partner

Once you have been accepted into the ecosystem the hybris wiki [https://wiki.hybris.com/] provides a wealth of information concerning implementation of our Product.  You will also be able to attend hybris training at that time.

Hope that helps!

Anthony Young

hybris Partner Enablement