cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict_F4 Help in Bex Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The SRM Purchase order Id displaying unwanted values in F4 Help in Bex report. I tried  to resrtict Selection-Screen for SRM Purchase order Id using Badi but its not working and more over Break point is also not triggering.

The report is created on an Infoset and field is Name in Query is ZNPP_PO_F__103 and variablename is ZSRM_PO.

Badi and Implementation:

Filter value: 0BBP_PO_ID = IOBJNAM

Used Method and Code:

Method               IF_RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT~GET_RESTRICTION_FLAT

BREAK-POINT.

IF i_vnam EQ 'ZSRM_PO'.

READ TABLE i_t_compid WITH TABLE KEY table_line = 'ZNPP_ZNPP_PO_Q001'

TRANSPORTING NO FIELDS.

IF sy-subrc = 0.

l_s_range-iobjnm = i_iobjnm.

l_s_range-sign   = 'I'.

l_s_range-option = 'BT'.

l_s_range-low    = '2000000000'.

l_s_range-high   = '2999999999'.

APPEND l_s_range TO c_t_range.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

Could any one please suggest the solution and is it possible to restrict F4 help through Customer Exit.

Thanks in Advance,

Uma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Anand71
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Instead of using BADI there  are other options available for F4 help.

Please go through the following link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20ecb78c-374a-2d10-c6af-f024f19b7...

Regards,

Anand Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  All,

Is there any limitation to this BADI  RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT.The version which I am working also added in the screen shot below.Is this Badi works on Infoset.

Are there any customer Exit available.If not how can we restrict F4 Help of variable screem.

Thanks and Regards,

Uma

sat_p2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You use Customer exit variable, I hope in step 2 it will work.

Yes its possible by using exit, try.

Regards,

satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could any please suggest any other ways.

Thanks and Regards,

Uma

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Have you read my last reply. That is the simplest way of doing it and it will work as you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

Its not working.Please suggest any other way.

Thanks and Regards,

Uma

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

You need to restrict in characteristic restrictions pane with the values you want to see in F4 help, and create a manual input variable in default values. This is the procedure I follow in many queries. Please share your screenshot and let me take a look at it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

Please check below screen shots.

Unwanted Values in Selection Screen:

Thanks and regards,

Uma

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

What I am suggesting is different than this view. You have restricted both the values and the manual input variable in same tab. What I suggest is filtering the values in characteristic restrictions pane and restricting with the manual input variable in default values pane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

Excellent it worked.But how it is working I did not understand.could you please explain clearly. That means character restriction triggers first and prirority is more

Thanks and Regards,

Uma

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

I don't know how I can explain, it is a bit triccky, let me try. When you add any restriction to global variables, what happens is if it is a variable it gets the filter setting from characteristic properties (such as from master data, from infoprovider etc.) but when you put that variable to default values and select posted values, then it first generates the result set with the filters in characteristic restrictions. So if it is a manual input variable then it will get the values restricted by characteristic restrictions pane as posted values. So in F4 help it will show the restricted values. Hope I didn't make it more complex for you...

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

I think you can directly use characteristic restrictions to give an interval for this characteristic (between 200.. and 2999...). And in the advanced tab please make sure that the access type for results is selected as posted values.

Regards

Yasemin...

sat_p2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow Yasemin instructions.

Regards,

satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

Could you please explain this point clearly:

I think you can directly use characteristic restrictions to give an interval for this characteristic (between 200.. and 2999...).

Thanks and Regards,

Uma

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Just add ZNPP_PO_F__103 to characteristic restrictions pane, right click on it. Click on restrict. select value ranges. Select '2000000000' for the lower interval value and '2999999999' for the higher. That is all...

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

But I need it for a variable.If there is no variable existing we can do directly as you mentioned.Could you please suggest any other way.

Thanks and Regards,

Uma

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

why do you need a variable? Does it make any difference how the filter is defined?? If you have to use a variable, then try going with the customer exit. Use i_step = 2 to write the same code. that works the same way...

regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

I need on F4 help restriction for SRM PO on selection screen of report.Please check the below screen shot.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

I now understand your requirement. Please simply filter your characteristic as I described in my previous post (with characteristic restrictions) Create another variable under this characteristic and select manual input. and in the properties of this characteristic select posted values. Add this variable to the characteristic in the default values pane. That will work as you want.

regards

Yasemin...