Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Org Chart to a specific role

Rami_Aloufi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I’m in the process in implementing NAKIZA V4.1 in my company but I’m facing difficulty in one of the requirements, I have two Org Charts configured, first one (main Org Chart) is displayed for all users which it’s rooted by User ID, it’s working fine.

My problem is with the other Org Chart (Second Org Chart) which is limited to a group of users(HR User) & it’s rooted to Org Chart root, I checked this Org Chart in the secured items & make sure it’s not displayed for all, then went & mapped it to the role related to those group of users(HR), but when I check the user access it’s still no appearing.

I already remove the user name and password from connection string, We are using Single sign-on with logon tickets (Portal integration).

Example:

There are two Org Chart,

One called Org unit Hierarchy Organization Structure ( Root ) and I need it to display it to the HR user by mapping it to HR role, in the authorization Tree I make it as Green color and  mapped it to the HR role.

Second one called  Org. unit  Company Structure  (User Record ) and I need it to display to the Manager user by mapping it to Manager role, in the authorization Tree I make it as Red color and  mapped it to the Manager role. (working fine).

When I log in as Manager I can see the Company Structure org chart, however when I log in as HR it does not shows me the Organization Structure,  it shows me only  Company Structure org chart.

I’m not sure where to check more, any directions are appreciated.

Regard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to attach the file "Roles.xml" from the "Security" folder?

Also, are you 100% sure your test HR user is getting mapped correctly to the HR role?  You can use this advice to debug and confirm:

Debugging User and Session Information - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki

Stephen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Rami_Aloufi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

sorry for late reply, the debug helped a lot, the issue was with the active tenant from Basis side once we disabled it everything worked fine.

Regard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

Kindly provide cds.log.Based on my experience this is related on new session and to many browser open the same time.

Please inform technical portal to change the IView configuration from http://nakisaportal/OrgChart/default.jsp to http://nakisaportal/OrgChart/logout.jsp .

Regards

Mohamad Firhad Samuri