cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Solution Manager 7.1 are not based on NetWeaver 7.4 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have read SAP Notes 394616.

According SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library ,Solution Manager are based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP2 SP15

and CRM 7.0 EhP 1 (BBPCRM 701).

But SAP CRM 7.0 EHP3 has been released and are based on SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SPS 07 (SAP Customer Relationship Management - SAP Library)

Is the next SAP Solution Manager will be based on NW 7.4 like SAP Solution Manager 7.1 on HANA ?

What will be the evolution to change NW 7.4 ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Marc

As there is no support for Dual-Stack systems with SAP NetWeaver 7.4 anymore and there is no supported way to split the stacks of SAP Solution Manager 7.1, there will not be any NetWeaver 7.4 basement for SAP Solution Manager 7.1 (unless using the HANA-edition).

According the informations from SAP, they will release the SAP Solution Manager 7.2 by end of 2015 (Ramp-Up is planed starting Q3/2015). This release will be based on NetWeaver 7.4, with full CDS support for HANA as well as other In-Memory technologies (like DB2 BLU) and requires the dual-stack to be splitted.

Greets, Michi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read the SAP Note 2047009.

It seems that Solution Manager SP13, we will have ST 7.2.

So i suppose Solution Manager 7.2 will be based on SAP Netweaver 7.4

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP may concentrating new developments  on  CORE Application products on Mobile/Hana environment/platform ?.

Anyway, some time stack doesn't matter as far as it is supporting with existing old and new products as every new SPs comes with new functionality and or enhanced existing functionality & also seeing big changes  around SLD/LMDB area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution manager 7.1 was generally available in August of 2011 and Netweaver 7.4 was available in May 2015, hence it could not have netweaver 7.4 stack as changing the stack will have a huge impact on applications. There is already a Solman on Hana based on 7.1 SP08 stack.

Since there is no information officially, being from SAP I cannot comment on future availability.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We all can wait and watch.

As far as I have seen, there is no SP update coming to 7.1 after SP12 till 1st quarter of 2015.

Perhaps, something new might be coming

Divyanshu