Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed Level Navigation missing post NW 7.31 portal SP12 upgrade

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on NW 7.31 portal . We have recently upgraded portal from SP 9 to SP12. Post upgrade the the detailed level navigation panel is missing . I have checked the role and workset setting and its absolutely fine. Any idea what might be the issue? It was visible before upgrade.

Regards,

Navya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

The reason is a bug.

This note will solve the issue (it is not released yet, will be released soon released😞.

2051013 - Contextual Navigation Panel (CNP) is not display in AFP

BR,

Saar

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

We are facing this issue for all the workcenter based role. I checked the note but in the solution section the SP level is missing. We are on NW 7.31 SP12  with EP RUNTIME 7.31 SP012 patch level 000000. To fix this do we need to apply patch?

Regards,

Navya.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution section is missing.

Regards,

Navya.

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

The patch has not been released yet, only the note.

The patch should be released in the upcoming days.

BR,

Saar

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

Is there any work around to fix the issue as without the solution the note is of not much use. Basically the DTN of overview  workset in all the workcenter roles are missing.

Regards,

Navya

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

The fix will be released really soon, should be before this weekend.

The reason I gave the note is that you can check the note to be updated when the fix is published.

Once the fix will be released the note will automatically get the SP and Patch populated.

The only workaround for the issue is to edit a javascript file on the server itself to fix that issue.

BR,

Saar

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

The patch has been released, in the note under Support Packages & Patches you will find 7.31 SP12 Patch 10.

BR,

Saar

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

As per the note , in order to resolve this issue we need to apply patch level 10 for EP-Runtime 7.31. But will this have impact on any other component? Do we need to upgrade any other dependent component as well?

Regards,

Navya.

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

When you click on a link for an SCA file you see on the right side a yellow icon, that's the dependency calculation tool, it will automatically tell you the dependend components.

In this case:

Notice you have a download button on the right side for each SCA.

Hope this helps,

BR,

Saar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Did the note fixed the problem?

Thanks,

Saar

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

We are yet to apply the patch for the note. We are facing few other issues post SP 12 upgrade in KM and in theme designer for which we might have to apply patch. was planning to apply all those patches together . Will update this thread once done.

As of now we are using service map option as a work around.

By any chance is the issue of hidden detailed navigation panel and the issue faced on click of menu item in KM are related? http://scn.sap.com/thread/3603083

Regards,

Navya.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

We applied the noted .The note fixed issue in most of the roles except for one i.e. in HR administrator role. I had created a copy of the standard role. Any idea what could be done?

Regards,

Navya.

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Does the copy of the standard role looks ok?

BR,

Saar

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saar,

The copy of the role had issue so I re added sub workset within workset and added in HR Admin role. It works now.

Regards,

Navya

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Great to hear.

I'd appreciate if you can mark the thread as answered so other people who also have this issue will find the correct response.

Thanks and BR,

Saar