cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inputs required on SCOV tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

U guys must be aware of the SCOV tool, coverage analyzer used to keep a check on quality of code written.

We need to bring this tool into practice in our project to increase the quality of code delivered.

I found that it requires unit test cases to be implemented in the code itself using the class cl_aunit_assert and its methods.

We have not been in practice of writing unit test cases, can someone help me with that.

Sample unit test cases will be helpfull.

Also, I tried implementing the test class with simple methods along with the development.

On executing the report with coverage, the unit test cases run successfully but in scov tool still the status remains red with coverage fields as blank.

Please provide me some inputs to use this tool effectively.

Regards,

Shreya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_goeb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

If SCOV still reports no coverage after execution, it is likely that SCOV is not running or not configured correctly. Please make sure that both SCOV is active and data collection is activated. The SCOV start screen should note "last data collection: x minutes ago", where in the default configuration x should be less than 45.

Please refer to Activating and Deactivating the Coverage Analyzer - ABAP Test and Analysis Tools - SAP Library for a detailed explanation of how to switch on and configure SCOV.

Best regards,

Andreas