cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Costs in cji3 Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are presently facing an issue with negative costs in cji3 report (Actual Cost Line Item Report). How to get rid of these negative balances? What should be done to ensure that there are actuals posted against the project?

Regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi..

could you give us more details concerning the 2 issues you mentioned:

1.what is the reason of negative balances? (co,fi etc postings?)...You are actually looking at postings with value type 4?

2.when you mention about ensuring actuals in project...you mean that you have some other form of postings? (statistical etc...and which kind..please refer to value type and let us know)

Cheers

Panagiotis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panagiotis,

1) Yes the reason behind the negative postings are FI Postings. We are actually looking at postings with value type 4 and 11.

2) Yes, we have statistical actual postings with value type 11. (Project to Plant Stock movements). The problem we are currently facing is with the value type 4. The value in the controlling area currency and the value present in reporting currency appears to be different and these values are exchange rate differences which are posted during IR.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Let me add more in that.

Cji3 is dynamic report which contains all transaction that will happen project.(+ve and -ve both)

However, generally, It contains negative due to following.

1. If actual revenue has been booked in Project, then it will occur as negative in CJi3 report

2.If some fi posting has been reversed that new line item with negative value will occur.

3.If Settlement has been run ,,in that case also negative line item will show.

You can check COEP and COSP table for same  with value type 4

Also . you can mark filter in CJI3 report in business transaction and value type 4 and 11 or go for z report.

I hope, It will help

Thanks & Regards

Rahul Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all your help. @Rahul, you are right that there were certain FI postings which were made on the project ,(Probably this was the reason why I was finding these values on the  project). Marking them as helpful.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

You are right as far as finding out the non-negative values in the column. However the problem we are facing is we are finding negative values in the actual cost line item report. This was because there was a huge variation in the value being shown in transaction currency (Even though the value in the controlling area currency remains the same). For Eg: for one of the entries being displayed in the actual cost line item report  if I have a value of 11036.84 GBP presently being shown under the controlling area currency, the value in transaction currency is 17775.55 USD (Considering the exchange rate) which I agree.

However the other entry being displayed in the report shows a value of 11036.84- GBP in both controlling area currency and the transaction currency columns. The transaction currency should always have been USD, however some of the entries which are getting displayed right now do have the transaction currency similar to the controlling area currency.(which is GBP).

Kindly advise,

Regards

Varun

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

If some value is showing in negative value (which has its counterpart positive value) then may be it's a reversal document.

Moreover, your CO area currency is GBP and it remains same in your report (it is ok). But the transactions may happen in any currency (USD or GBP) , and every report shows the value of transaction with its specific transaction currency . And it looks fine for me.

May be I did not understand your issue.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Simplest thing you can do is to put the filter 'greater than or equal to 0 or Greater than 0' for currency value column, In this way you will get all non-negative values in that column.

Regards

Saurabh