Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESP output to HANA - Error: Discovery failed to get number of table columns

jochenfischer
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to setup a simple project with an event stream and a HANA output adapter. When I try to discover for my HANA table I am able to see it in the list, but once I select the table I get the following error:

This is my ODBC Definition:

The HANA ODBC driver is 1.00.81. The HANA system is also on 1.00.81.

Any suggestion are welcome.

Best regards

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For others looking to resolve this particular error or similar errors reported by other users such as this one:

INFO - OdbcColImpl::GetData(): state: S1000

INFO - OdbcColImpl::GetData(): error: -10427

INFO - OdbcColImpl::GetData(): message: [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] General error;-10427 Conversion of parameter/column (2) from data type NVARCHAR to ASCII failed

INFO - OdbcColImpl::GetData(): state: S1000

INFO - OdbcColImpl::GetData(): error: -10427

INFO - OdbcColImpl::GetData(): message: [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] General error;-10427 Conversion of parameter/column (3) from data type NVARCHAR to ASCII failed

We have found that it can be resolved by making sure that the HANA ODBC driver version matches the HANA Database version.

Thanks,

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One other thought here.  I think you might be running into this bug I logged recently:

767953 - Dropping HANA table onto canvas does not populate sourceSchema property

Description:  When the customer right clicks on a service in the "Data Services" view and chooses "Discover" and follows the path to create an output stream, Studio does not populate the sourceSchema property. When they try to run the project, the HANA Output Adapter goes to DEAD when it can't find the table the user selected during discovery if it isn't that user's default schema.

Workaround: Instead of using discovery from the "Data Services" view, drop the HANA Ouput Adapter on the canvas, fill in the database "service" property and then uses the adapter's discovery magnifying glass, the sourceSchema is populated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

I assume that you have already tested the connection to HANA from the ODBC Administrator and that works OK.

I'm not sure what version of ESP you are using?

In ESP 5.1 SP08, they added a "sourceSchema" property to the HANA Output Adapter.  I'm not sure what values you have for the discovery wizard or the HANA Output Adapter but if you just have the "table" property specified but not the "sourceSchema" specified, and you do discovery, the adapter will look for the table in the user's default schema.

ATTACH OUTPUT ADAPTER HANA_Output1 TYPE hana_out TO sap_iot_device_configuration_data__ds_decoding_schema1_stream1 PROPERTIES

service = 'hanaodbcservice' ,

table = 'sap.iot.device.configuration.data::ds_decoding' ,

sourceSchema = 'SYSTEM' ;

If you have both the "table" and "sourceSchema" blank when you start the discovery wizard, it should let you select the schema first and then the table should show up and discovery should work.

Thanks,

Neal

jochenfischer
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The ODBC connection is working. I can discover the HANA schemas and tables with the service.

But when I try to open a table I get an error. I am not sure if this is a problem of the ESP Studio or of the ODBC driver.

Regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you able to discover other tables?  Or do you get the same error with all of them?

If it is just with this table, can you send me the table definition from HANA Studio?  (If it is confidential, email it to me directly).

Do you have read permission to this table?

If you have time tomorrow, you could do a screen share.

Thanks,

Neal