cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I achieve to print label without packaging

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

hello As I do not handle packaging for label . Is there any way to achieve this . Also I tried to put different gen variant for different label size in material master and put the same region but the system is not allowing to put two different gen variant which has two different size of label template . So that's why I configured another packing as box as put in separate packaging layer .I want to get rid of packaging layer finally and print my label . what will be the easiest way to handle this .

Regards,

M D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

story is quite clear:

Global Label Management as a Labeling System in an Enterprise - Global Label Management (EHS-SAF-GLM...

SAP is defining it like

"Label determination in Global Label Management is based on the label view in Materials Management: Here, you configure the settings for the labels that are based on the packaging layers of the material. When doing so, you assign one or more labels or label templates to a packaging layer."

So SAP assumes you use"Packaging layer" approach

The topic is as well related to "Label Determination" process.

May be know: you can create your "own print scenarios"; there are as well a lot of other options available. As explained in:

There is a good chance that you will not use the SAP standard at many places in GLM. GLM projects have the trend that you use the "SAP framework" but use own code etc.

MAy be check as well:

http://scn.sap.com/community/ehs-management/blog/2013/10/03/new-and-enhanced-functions-of-global-lab...

(e.g. this subpart might be of interest: BAdI: Display Label Tree in 'Label Printing' (EHS_GLM_BADI_001)

Only "Con": you must be on the "correct" release level to use these new functions.

C.B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

The "packaging part" is a very elementar part of "Label Management". So I am not sure which business scenario you would like to get. Furtheron I have the feeling that you do not understand the "label determination" process.

So please explain: what is your business scenario? (based on SAP release etc. there might be options; but without understanding your "label needs" no additional help is possible.

C.B:

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

hello C B ,

What will be the best way to handle this cause  we know packaging we do not want in the system and for glm packaging is the important factor. How can we handle this , can we configure dummy packaging so that we don't see the bottle and drum in our system which we do not want .

Regards,

M D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

You need packaging layer for handling labels. This is part of Label Data in material master.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/8a/210151e8b5fb33e10000000a441470/content.htm?framese...

From your different threads regarding this issue, it does seems to me that, you don't need packaging hierarchy for your requirement. That's why you want to handle it by considering the packaging layer as "dummy". Is it so..?

Regards

Subash Sankar

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

yes. It is right .