Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing References

bcla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are moving our ASP application from an old server to a new server and upgrading CR at the same time.

I recently ran a test and recieved the following error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies."

I realize the application is pointing to the older version of crystal.

Can I just manually update the web config file with the new version of CR's info and be done with it, or is there something more that needs to be done?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

If you have installed the latest runtime and CR for VS installer on the DEV PC and still getting this error then simply reversion the reference in your web.config file and deploy your app and CR 32 or 64 bit runtime.

But if as Ludek suspects you are simply wanting to not recompile your app with the new references then no, it won't work.

Don

bcla
Participant
0 Kudos

So basically I need to recompile on the old server with the new version of CR then deploy.

Correct?

(The idea of just moving the web app onto a server with the new installed version of CR's isn't going to work...right?)

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

Hi BL,

You need to get Visual Studio 2010, 2012 or 2013 and then open your project up in it and then it should work.

You can't use CR for VS in VS 2008.

Don

bcla
Participant
0 Kudos

Don,

Where do I get the latest runtime for CR for VS 2010?

Thanks,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look here:

- Ludek

bcla
Participant
0 Kudos

So the support pack 10 should do the trick?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BL

Unfortunately, no you can not simply update the web.config.

You mention that you are updating CR - to what version? The error tells me that you have not done any update yet(?). Or better yet, what version of CR are you wanting to update to?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

bcla
Participant
0 Kudos

From 2008 to 2011.

The new server has 2011 already installed.

I just did a web deply on the application and imported on the new server.

Thanks