cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain to trigger with different interval during night

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We have some process chains in the system which runs every half an hour throughout the day.

As during night time system is heavily loaded with other loads I am thinking of changing the nightly frequency to every two hours rather then every half and hour.

I couldn't find a feasible option via scheduling options available via start variant or through events.

Does any one there who has faced same issue and found the solution ,I tried to search forum but failed to find the correct answer.

My current BW version is 7.0, thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Chetan R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KulDeepJain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Just after start you can insert "Decision Between Multiple Alternatives"

In If-else statement you can use "sy-time" and complete your requirement .

Thanks,

KDJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

I achieved this by self called variant at the end of the process chain .

Regards,

Chetan R

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

You can schedule process chain at different times during the day by using repeat scheduling.

Find the helpful links.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Somesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Somesh,

Thanks for quick response.

I cannot utilize the option of repeat scheduling as I have to create separate schedules for every half an hour during the day and every two hour one for night which is not a good option.

Regarding event based approach ,again i have to create multiple copies of process chains and separate variant for them.

There is an option to embed timings in the abap code(or create an use custom table) while raising an event to run the process chain but I am keeping it as a last resort as it is not a clean approach.

Thanks ,

Chetan R