cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading CO09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having trouble interpreting the CO09 screen. I have gone thru the OSS note and the blog from Juergen but cannot seem to understand why i see what I see. Why dont I see the confirmed column populated in the CO09 screen. Shouldnt that show me the 82 confirmed issues against the 10 or so production orders I have calling this component out ?

The below example also I dont know how it is working. The scope of check is same as above. Though the OPJJ scope of check as shown above does not have the W/O subcontracting check box checked (which means the dep reqs from a subcon PO should be taken into account for the ATP check as an issue), I dont see the 3 subcon reqs I have reducing the cumulative ATP qty. Can anyone explain to me the 2 examples in this thread ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I made a test in my system copying your configuration.

This happens because the batch of the component is not assigned in the order. Try to assign the batch in the process order or production order for the component. Save & Release the Order. Then go to CO09 and take a look.

SAP Note 547118 explains how the ATP works.

Check OPJK to see if you can change this in case you want.

Thanks and Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

tried that...did not work. The production scheduling profile has the confirm partial availability checkbox selected. One more mtl I am showing below with the same checking rule as above, when I run CO09 I cannot understand the results. The issues of 111 is the sum total of dependant demand but I dont know where it is getting 91 as confirmed issues. Its like the system is confirming only till end of this month. Also the confirmed column is blank. Why is that happening? Shouldnt it show me 91 on the line of 1010 as thats my issuing location ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

GS,

Dependent reservations will only show as 'confirmed' if the reservations are in fact confirmed.  "confirmed' in this context means that all of the associated parent production orders that are producing these OrdRes entries have had a successful ATP check, and all the components were determined by the ATP check to be available.  If you expand the display, you will see which reservations are confirmed and which are not confirmed.  If you want all the dependent reservations to be 'confirmed', run a successful availability check for all of the parent production orders,

The confirmed column is blank because you are viewing the 'stock overview' display.  Stock is neither confirmed nor unconfirmed; it never displays in the confirmed column.  If you want to see the detail of the order reservations, expand the display with the "All Details" Icon, or select either of the 'Totals' icons..

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more example of how do I read CO09 ?

The below CO09 example shows confirmed issues of 30445. However I have stock of just 18042 and the MD04 shows me all ord reservations except at the very bottom where I see some in comig POs which are not part of my scope of check. All my scope of check has is safety stock, withdrawable dep reservations, manual reservations, and deliveries. How is it confirming 30445 for this mtl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GS,

The topic of this thread was "reading CO09" and the latest question "how do I read CO09".  Yet, you ask a question, not about how to read the transaction, but of how your material got into an overcommitted situation.

There are many ways this can happen.  Without knowing much more information I cannot answer.  The most common reason for such a situation is that 'somehow' someone issued some stock for a usage that was not covered by your ZP ATP check. If this is the case, you can probably make your ATP situation consistent again by running a new ATP on all of your production orders.  Be aware that if you do this, several of them may then become unconfirmed.

Unless you have other questions about how do I read CO09, I will close my comments on this thread.  For additional questions, such as 'how did I get into this ATP situation?' I suggest you raise a new thread.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

so the confirmed issues is a sum total of all confirmed issues for a material...ie including issues for SO, STO, deliveries, production orders etc etc ? I ran CO09 for every checking rule in the system including the custom ZP I have created. This is a testing system so the data is not up. to date.

Std checl rule 01 (dont know where this is used): Confirmed issues is 16,420. In this case the receipts which as per F1 help is sum total of receipts in the scope is only 10 but I have  over a million in planned orders.

Std Check rule A : Confirmed issues 10....thats for the delivery (if I rerun with AE, AW, AQ etc etc it shows same 10)

Std check rule B : same as above

Std check rule RP (I assume this is for STOs...am I right?)....same as above

Std check rule PP same as above

Custom check rule ZP : confirmed issues is up to 20,910. Is this the sum total of all the above confirmed issues ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

GS,

so the confirmed issues is a sum total of all confirmed issues for a material...ie including issues for SO, STO, deliveries, production orders etc etc ?

Well, for all the confirmed issues that are relevant for that particular checking rule.

Std check rule 01 (don't know where this is used): Confirmed issues is 16,420. In this case the receipts which as per F1 help is sum total of receipts in the scope is only 10 but I have  over a million in planned orders.

Is this a question?  I would have to assume that your million of planned orders are not relevant for the scope of check in 01.  Planned orders as a receipt element is set at the lower right of scope of check.

Std check rule RP (I assume this is for STOs...am I right?)....same as above

Rule RP is used wherever you have assigned it to be used.  In a brand new system, the only rules that are assigned are the A* and B* rules, which are hard coded to sales and delivery requirements.  All others are assigned during configuration.

Custom check rule ZP : confirmed issues is up to 20,910. Is this the sum total of all the above confirmed issues ?

As in all check rules, 'confirmed issues' is the sum of all confirmed requirements that are relevant for the checking rule that is being displayed.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

no...if u see the screen print form me for the 01 rule, the planned order is marked as X which means the sum total should show in the receipt field. But it shows only 10. Shoudltn it be the million odd qty which I see on the 9/16 date? Or is it that since I ran it today which is 8/23 it will only show thats the ATP receipt qty as off today ? And to add to that the check without RLT is not checked. So it looks only within the RLT.  I have no planned orders comin gin within the RLT window. 

I created a planned order who finish date is before the end of RLT and the receipt qty went up.

That makes sense.

But PP rule has X for planned orders as well but the check without RLT is checked. In that case it shows all the million odd qty in the receipt field.

If all of that is true then learning to read CO09 is a project in itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GS,

If your checking rule considers 'replenishment lead time', then receipts outside of replenishment lead time are not relevant for ATP checking.

If all of that is true then learning to read CO09 is a project in itself

I started working with CO09 about 20 years ago.  I will admit that my memory is not as sharp as it used to be, but I don't recall ever thinking it was particularly hard to learn.  I guess if you are new to availability checking, CO09 could seem a bit obtuse.  Some day you will actually face a REAL project.  Only then will your really come to understand what complexity is all about.

Rather than continuing to ask questions, perhaps it would be best if you just got into your sandbox and 'played around' a bit.  You can usually learn much more through personal experience than you could ever learn in any classroom (or an online forum too).

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue 1: You have maintained in the scope of check to include dependent reservations that are withdrawable. Therefore, you need to ensure that flag RESB-XWAOK is set. This usually gets set after the produiction order has been released. So you should ensure that the production order that contains these reservations is released.

Former Member
0 Kudos

they are all released and the XWAOK flag has an X in it. Stil nothing on the CO09 screen. What am I mssing ?

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post a screenshot of the RESB record from SE16? This might give me a hint as to why they are not displayed in CO09