cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certification in Banking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

With a overall of 10+ years in Banking Domain (Both in Banking Branch operation & IT). I have good exposure to Deposit, Loans and Payment modules in Banking also a good knowledge in GL.

I am interested to do SAP Banking. I visited SAP website and found SAP Banking ( Analytical Banking & Transactional Banking)

My Question:

1. How SAP solution for Banking is growing in Banking world?

2. Based on my exposure in Banking, which is good (Analytical Banking & Transactional Banking).

3. I am from India. Can you please suggest me a where I can undergo training & certification.

4. Do SAP offer online training for SAP Banking?

Please advise.

Thank You,

Krishnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes, what you say is correct. As such, not many banks uses SAP Banking. Mostly Finacle or Flexcube is been used. But I feel the market for SAP is growing steadily. Banks are started looking for replacing their  legacy CBS which is running for almost 20-30 years. And with SAP having hands on multiple verticals I feel a huge growth in near future.

I checked with SAP. As such, there is no training schedule for SAP Banking.

Came through few online training institute which train on SAP Banking. One is Alta Vista.

<<Moderator: External Link is Removed>>

Do you have any idea about this institute.

Regards,

Krishnan

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

I have no idea about these institutes. Not sure whether they are authorised or not.

Unfortunately, you would find many institutes with pirated software, therefore, you may be need to be cautious about the credibility and genuineness.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I checked with SAP India. As such, there is no classroom course offered. And there are e-learning offered under Global category. All the modules are covered. Is it good to have e-learning. Will it be good for learning SAP Banking.

Please advise.

Regards,

Krishnan

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishnan for the update.

I have looked yesterday into the e-learning offerings in SAP Banking domain. Honestly, in India, there is not much market for SAP Banking in India. Not sure may be in the future, it may grow. In western countries, there is some adequately good market. If you are planning to looking to move to other countries, yes, then it could be an option.

Having said that the courses are expensive, therefore, you need to think twice before investing any amount. It is not just completing to course successfully, you will have a lot of job to do in order to get a visa / work permit and get into the consulting role.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

1. SAP would have a big push on SAP Banking in the future.

2. You should first go for initially Transactional banking then later go for Analytical banking. In my opinion, you should not limit yourself to a single module.

3. Please tune yourself to

training.sap.com

4. I am not sure if SAP is giving training for these courses in India. Please not go to local institutes for these niche course. You should enquire with SAP if they are going to schedule any training for these courses. Personally, I would choose SAP for this type of courses, even if they are expensive.

Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

As you rightly suggested, it will be good to have training from SAP. I will check with SAP if there is any schedule for SAP Banking.

As I see your profile, you are certified in Banking. How will be the certification process. What is the base we need to have for doing this.

I am into Banking Domain and worked on projects related to Deposits, Loans and Payments. Will my exposure to these areas will add value while doing this certification?

Regards,

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Krishnan, I am not certified in SAP Banking. Hopefully, planning for the future 🙂

You must promise to update this thread once you have completed your certification

in banking 🙂 This would be immensely useful for the other consultants who are willing to learn SAP Banking.

I am pretty sure your banking experience would be invaluable and it would be very much helpful. It would very easy for you to break into SAP Banking career, as you have huge amount of banking domain knowledge. I am sure SAP Banking would be right choice for you, particularly if you love technology.

All the best.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Ravi, I will update once completed.

As you said, training for SAP Banking is not offered currently in India. Sent a mail to SAP waiting for the earliest schedule.

Regards,

Krishnan