cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB 7.9 error when importing data from MaxDB 7.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got an strange error while importing data in MaxDB version 7.9  from an MaxDB version 7.6.

The error is caused by a column with a date format.

The message in detail is:

// E-25392:    '[SAP AG][LIBSDBOD SO][SAP MaxDB] Datetime fieldoverflow;-3048 POS(309) Invalid date format:ISO'

Can anyone help to solve this issue ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Werner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,
I would be interested in the export command, the import command and the complete message that is logged in the loader.log file for this error. Usually there is mentioned which row in the data file generated the error. If this is the case I would furthermore be interested in this one row (if the data file is readable and not too big to separate this one row).

Did you use the same Loader for export and import?

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used loader 7.6 for export and loader 7.9 for import.

Be we could workaround the issue by modifying the critical column on the 7.6 database.
This is a column with default date format.

Regards,

Werner

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

well, it is definitely good to know that you were able to workaround the problem! But it doesn't help us to find the problem and to correct it in future versions - so would you mind anyway to send me the export and import command you used + the CREATE TABLE statement and if ever possible the one row in the data file that failed to import.

The Loader uses usually the INTERNAL representation of date and time fields independently how they are defined. So this error is rather strange and would like to have a closer look.

Thx,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

the export was done by the following command:
$Sdb_Home/global/programs/bin/loadercli76 -n <hostname> -d <dbname> -u dbadmin,xxxx

and the import by use of: $Sdb_Home/private/<dbname>/programs/bin/loadercli -d <dbname> -u superdba,xxxx

The problem was a column with default date format, for example:

"AEND_DATUM"  Date DEFAULT '19700101'

This leads in:

// E-25392:    '[SAP AG][LIBSDBOD SO][SAP MaxDB] Datetime field overflow;-3048 POS(309) Invalid date format:ISO'

So if the date format was changed to '1970.01.01' it works.

Hope this helps for the analyses.

Regards,

Werner

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

well, no. Sorry, but I did not mean the call to loadercli but the command that was run. The call does not give any hint how the table was exported and imported. I need the EXPORT and the IMPORT command.

Sorry to bother you again.

Thx,

Steffen

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

ok, got it. Here you go:

The problem is not the data but the definition of the table itself. The Loader did not even create the table upon IMPORT in your case. What's the problem then? The 7.6 Loader creates during EXPORT a table definition that looks similar to this (in the catalog file):

CREATE TABLE

<col name> DATE DEFAULT '19700101'

Here the explicit default value for the date column is represented in INTERNAL format. And if you would have used the 7.6 Loader to IMPORT, no error would have happened. It can deal with this format in definitions. But you used the 7.9 Loader to import the table. And this one expects an explicit default value for date in table definitions in ISO format (1970-01-01) because it creates those upon EXPORT. So here already the table creation fails.

If you would have used the 7.9 Loader for EXPORT and IMPORT this error would not have happened, too.

Regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I understand. Great and thank you very much.

Regards,

Werner

0 Kudos

Hello Werner,

May I know, how you are importing the data from your MaxDB 7.6  to 7.9 ? Using loader tool ?

;-3048 POS(309) Invalid date format:ISO'

We have known this problem in the past when using loader with some older 7.6 releases but it was corrected - May I know the complete version of your source 7.6 MaxDB ?

Is your MaxDB 7.6 UNICODE ? Check with the following command and let me know:

dbmcli -d <SID> -u <DBMuser>,<DBMpasswd> param_directget _UNICODE

If a YES is displayed it is a Unicode DB.

Regards,

Yashwanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashwanth,

thank you for your reply.

Your assumption is right import was done via loader tool and as the source database is MaxDB7.6, we used the export tool for 7.6. Unfortunately the source database is not Unicode.

The exact version is DBMServer 7.6.03   Build 015-123-173-107.

We already migrated 4 databases from 7.6 (non Unicode) to 7.9 Unicode without problems.

Regards,

Werner