cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting of company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

We are at ECC6.0 and a new requirement came to us in terms of company code splitting.

Means in existing system there is one company code consists of 3 plants.Requirement is we need to split this existing comp code and create a new company code (for that we will create a separate client by copying the existing configuration for this comp code and will give new name) after that we will create a new plant also to assign in new comp code (that plant will have the same config as from existing one but with new name).

Once plant and comp code assignment/config  will be done in new system we need to migrate the data of old comp code and the concern plant to new one.

Here my actual worry and questions starts:

# I am not aware of the migration strategy of SAP-SAP system in terms of what are the points need to be considered before start.

# What need to be taken care from other module perspective like FI/MM.

# What should be the strategy that need to be followed for the Master and Transactional data.

#How to extract data from existing system(any criteria)

# How to migrate the open items those are linked to each other for Example a maintenance order have a notification/open reservation/PR in process

# Is it possible to migrate historic data like Maintenance order have business closure which had all the documents like material doc/PR/PO etc.

Please suggest or guide if some one had already experience this scenario.

Regds

RM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems to be a huge requirement, i am not sure whether any one can share the information here.

All steps are possible.. but you need to decide how you want the data to be moved to another SAP Client.

Historic data will be a bit of issue, since you cannot change the company code to new company code.

For example.. if there is a change in functional location occurs, you need to open and save all functional location to get the same update, so this will be huge process.

Refer below some of the old discussion in SDN

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1484468

Do google it yourself for your different needs, or raise information very specific which people can answer.

Thanks

Terence