Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail form with multiple text elements

frankoverip
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I would like to create a mail form for usage 'Internet Mail (HTML)'. This mail shall consist of several text elements building one larger HTML file.

But when I create a text element the system always closes all open HTML tags. So, it doesn't seem to be possible to create a text element with the HTML header and maybe the beginning of a table, followed by some conditional (customer dependent) text elements, ending with a text element to close the table and the HTML file.

As I'm quite sure this should be possible, I wonder how this can be done. How can I prevent the automatic generation of closing tags?

Besides, I spend some time on searching for a documentation on how to create mail forms but only found high level stuff like "you can insert attributes...".

Is there any (technical) documentation available on how to build a mail form?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

We have used mailforms extensively in our project. Approach we have taken was to design mail form in HTML editor by the HTML designer and then get the code and paste in HTML source code.

you can see a button as Design <----> Source

Mail form Editor act weirdly when we edit and make changes in the editor. Also based on IE version we use, there are several fixes/SAP notes available which is required to get it working as we want.

I would not recommend you to use the editor in Mail forms if the mail content is complex.

Regards,

Lijo Joseph