Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ not showing kernels

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed a new SAP system with usage type AS Java. It is a distributed system:

The AS is running on Solaris SPARC, the DB is running on Solaris x86_64.

I have defined the system in the Solution Manager.

Now in the Maintenance Optimizer, at point 2.4 Select OS/DB-Dependent Files, I need

to select the components for both SPARC and x86_64, but unfortunately, I can only

select SAPEXE, SAPEXEDB, SAPHOSTAGENT, igsexe for SPARC. For x86_64,

only SUM is listed and can be selected. Nothing more is shown. I have checked all the

other OS - Win, Linux, AIX, etc. - everywhere else I see only SUM !!

Please help me !! For previous systems, all the files here were visible for all the OS!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are you able to see the required files (the ones missing under MOPZ) at http://service.sap.com/swdc?

If yes download them manually use them for SUM.

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan, nice to hear from you again 🙂

Yes, I am able to see those files in SWDC! But when I was building the previous system last

week, just all the kernels and everything was listed in MOPZ and now it's gone !! Just the

SPARC part is still there... What could be the reason for this strange behaviour ??

Thank you!

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Symon

To be honest I have no idea why this is happening.

if there is a stack file for an existing system then I would create a copy of that and modify that for the new system.

Regards

RB

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

yeah, this is certainly an option, but I would love to get this sorted out, as I pointed out, it already worked flawlessly on the DEV system, so I would like to stick to this well working procedure 🙂

Many thanks!

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Symon

I have had problems with the stack file generation in the past due to the fact that the production upgrade is only done couple of months after the test environment has been upgraded and by the time MOPZ would bring in new changes to the kernel.

The best thing to do is create stack file for all the systems to be upgraded at the same time and if that is not possible then modifying a copy of the existing stack file is the best option.

Regards

RB

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please post a screenshot of the OS/DB files part?

BR

Miguel Ariño

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

yeah, I completely agree with you! When I was doing upgrades and EHP on my previous upgrade, I generated all the .xml files for all the systems at once! And this is certainly the best approach.

Just here the prod. system wasn't yet installed at that time. I have asked them to wait with the SPS, until I have installed it as well, but it wasn't accepted by the functional guys, who needed to work on the dev. system ASAP.

Btw. I found the reason for this problem through an OSS message. The reason is, that for the PRD system has the kernel identified and stored in the SLD. This is why MOPZ shows only this kernel. SAP support said, that if I would delete the kernel from SLD, resynchronize the LMDB and run a new MOPZ transaction, it would show all the kernels available.

Now I am just waiting for them to answer how this is even possible, when I installed both system the same way and I have installed absolutely the same diagnostics agent there...

Thanks to all for the help and support!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there are two things you can do

1. Refresh Data in SDCCN .

SDCCN ->  Refresh Service Definations.

2. you can update CR content in SLD of solution manager.

thanks and regards

Dishant pathak

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

I have not worked on this scenario, to be honest, however, you can manually copy the kernel in (DIR_INSTALL)\exe\uc\<platform> after the SP update.

SAPHOSTAGENT, can be update in minutes.

Refer, https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/39/a1f623bae74a2784f88282c8652070/content.htm

Divyanshu

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

everything can be done manually, just I have done this already on the DEV system with MOPZ and SUM and it went all flawlessly. So I would like to stick to this problem-free procedure.

Thank you!