Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Determination for Imports

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We would like to implement a License Determination Strategy for imports. I have not tried it yet, because I am still awaiting final specifications from the user department. But before I can tell them, that we can do this in GTS, I was hoping to find out if anyone has been successful implementing.

Any thoughts, comments or actual experience out there?

Regards, Dean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dean, you absolutely can use GTS to cover that for you.  Creating the legal regulation itself is no different then anything else you already have for export.

The main differences for import are when you create the numbering scheme, you will want to use the create for Import lists instead of create for Export lists, and then when you create the determination strategies as well - you'll want to set the codes up as ICCN's for import in the Classification/Master Data area of Comp Management.  From there maintaining the strategy(ies) are the exact same as they would be for import, only again you'd be using Legal Control - Import as opposed to export.

Hopefully that helps a bit, I know I was pretty breif in the description.  Do let me know if it helps though or if you have any other questions!

Graham

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is awesome news... I thought that would be the case, but wanted to make sure.

Thank you for all responses.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

derek_yang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dean,

can you please elaborate more on your question? What do you mean you want to implement a 'License Determination Strategy'? Are you going to use the standard GTS determination strategy, like legal regulation, tariff code number, country, country group?  It solely depends on your requirment.

I didn't see a problem here to maintain the determination strategy for the import license, it is just as the same as the export license.

Regards,

Derek