cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to change an update mode from Delta to Full for 2LIS-11-VAHDR

Former Member
0 Kudos

We went live recently and since that moment, we are having problem with this DataSource. We've been able to complete the Init and the Delta ran 1 time (the day after).  Since then, it's scheduled to run every night but the data package are always empty.

2LIS-11-VASCL and 2LIS-11-VAITM are running in Full and are executing with success every night which gives us the idea to turn 2LIS-11-VAHDR in Full too.  We are not very concerned by the volume of transactions in Sales Order.  That's not what triggered the Init/Delta choice.

I'm now looking for the steps to follow to turn VAHDR in Full.  I know that I have to adjust the Process Chain too. Any recommendations are welcome too. Here's a snapshot of the PC:

Thank you all for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my eyes i think the better idea is to check and identify the issue related to delta.I understand today you have less data so you are able to do the full load daily but for sure after some time the data will be huge.During that time running full will consume all the system resources and it will lead to huge loading time.

I feel the cons i mentioned above are enough to look for the solution that why delta records are not getting updated.

Check the update mode for application 11 if it is queued delta then check in LBWQ whether you get records there or not.Then check if V3 job is scheduled or not to push the data from LBWQ to RSA7.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anshu,

We are really newbie regarding BW and we tend to agree with you that it's probably best not tochange to Full load eventhough we were considering it earlier today.

While checking LBWQ, we got one entry: MCEX04 with none destination. Under Go-To/Information number of entry, we got 9,560 for TRFCQOUT. We checked it in SE11 and got this image:

PAB300 is our BW Prod.

Can it be the explanation why we are missing many entries?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

isabelle

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Isabelle,

Please check if you have setup the job control for this DataSource in LBWE. Full is definitely unsustainable, as you'd have to fill the setup tables daily and you would still risk missing records.

You need to understand how LO works (by reading docs like the LO blogs by Former Member ) before trying these things out in Production.

Regards,

Suhas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BW helpers!

Our problem was quite simple... rookie error   When we were parametering the Start date in LBWE, we were using ''Immediat'' but we should have entered a Schedule start date & time and managed a Daily execution...

Thanks a lot for your support!

KulDeepJain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isabelle,

Try this one.

In LBWE t.code change update mode to "direct delta" .

Then just run delta process chain and see ...

If you find any difference this will be good fix for you.

Thanks,

KDJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its as easy as creating a full infopackage on the datasource it wont effect anything else.

You need to delete overlapping requests in cube everyday so follow how process chain is configured for other full loads.

Remove the delta process chain from scheduling.

Its better to maintain 2 process chains one for full and other for delta for maintenance perspective.

Cheers!

Suyash