cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to .SWF error - problem detected - need advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Most of the times I use xcelsius and export to SWF I get an error and makes me unable to do it. I have fixed sometimes the issue by restarting Xcelsius and computer, changing VLOOKUPs for INDEX Match, clicking the canvas and reducing line ranges.

However, this time using these solutions haven't worked so far.

I detected that when deleting some of my INDEX MATCH formulas for two specific graphs Xcelsius will export, when I enter values with no formulas it will work as well but that doesn't fix my problem as I need the values to be dynamic. When I enter INDEX MATCH formulas problems begin and doesn't let me export. I tried using SUMIF as well but I haven't had success.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes few formula which have large text create create problems. It does not have to be index match I have seen this happen for complex IF consitions.. I will suggest to make the excel formula simpler and less complex.. Also if your query returns data faster just use a universe query for the look up rather than a lookup in the excel itself..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durgamadhab,

I don't have much experience with Xcelsius, could you provide an example of what you are referring with a universe query for the look up?

Thank you in advance,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

What is the error you are getting while exporting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the error I get when exporting:

"Could not generate the Flash file (SWF); the cause is not known. Try again. If the problem persists, contact your customer support representative."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

In general, the above error ll be populate due the file size of dashboard xlf which you are exporting to server or may be the more excel complex logic like Vlookup functions you are implementing in the dashboard or may be the system resources like RAM size... in some cases.Some recommaondations are like try to use Index & Match case instead of Vlookup.and try to reduce the file size by removing unnecessary excel range for components.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ventak, thank you for your answers.

The xlf file size is around 3.8MB is that big enough?

I have changed the all VLOOKUP formulas to INDEX,MATCH but haven't had success. I do have success when removing an specific range that uses INDEX MATCH, however, I need the dashboard to show this data.

The computer that is running the process has Intel Xeon, 6GB RAM.

I will try doing a clean up and see if that works. Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Yes 3.8MB is quite a lot.

Would suggest you to reduce the formulas used as mentioned by others.

If the dashboard is really very large then would suggest you to split it into two Dashboards.

As per my observations, whenever your Dashboard gets complex you will neither be able to preview it nor save to platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha, thank you for the response.

When splitting a Dashboard into two, do you mean you can connect one to another? Or you suggest to have two different .swf files?

Thanks,

Fernando