cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages from PI are successful , but not shown in AIF error handling and monditoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have messages being triggered from PI to proxy and to AIF.

Messages status is shown as successful in sxmb_moni transaction but I don't get to see these in /AIF/err - error handling and monitoring transaction.

WHat could be the possible reason? would there be any missing authorization.

Note: this is working in Development but having this issue in test environment.

Thanks and Regards,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

naseemallika14
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Could you please let us know how you resolved this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

we had a similar issue after our first deployment to the first test instance. Messages could be seen in /AIF/LOG but could not be seen in /AIF/ERR.

It was an authorization issue. We setup the AIF roles for these systems by copy the standard AIF roles and composite roles from AIF Master Guide. The issue was that our AIF composite roles were activated but not the included single roles.

Perhaps this could be the issue.

Best wishes

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your response! Sorry for the delayed response from my end. I couldn't even see the messages in /AIF/LOG.

regarding system roles for AIF, i See that other interfaces in AIF are working properly. So would there still be an issue specific to one Interface alone?

Thanks and Regards,

Archana

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

use the table /AIF/STD_IDX_TBL to find the message log , you have to enable the AIF configuration under error handling to select the message from above mentioned table .

you can use the append structure to store the message value in table  /AIF/STD_IDX_TBL  and same will be used as selection screen values in /n/aif/err  transaction.

1) use SU53 to find the authorization issue

2)  check the above table with SXMB_MONI message GUID .

3) check the inbound queue logs

4) Are you capturing/passing  the application system(RFC/BAPI/Call Transaction) exception to  AIF Function module?

Regards

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

Index table has been used and the message logs are captured if i run a test from proxy.

Only issue is when we get the message triggered from PI. But SXMB_MONI, when you check for payload status its successful, and no error. But i dont get to see those messages reach AIF at all.

Unfortunately for test system i do not authorization to check su53, but then i have requested to check.

These message Guids doesnt exist in index table as i suppose the message didnt reach AIF at all.

Thanks and Regards,

Archana

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

from PI messages are not passed to AIF configuration , have you called the /aif/cl_enabler_proxy=>process_message method in ES ? Check your configuration in AIF .

Namespace-Specific Features  under error handling is required  to view the message in /n/aif/err

Regards

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to requirement of passing multiple records at once, have used 'aif/cl*xml*=>send_to_aif ' method .

changed the selection engines accordingly.

And it works well when tested through sproxy.

Have maintained a separate index table in name space specific features.

now only issue is when triggered from PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Here are some hints about what you could try:

• Check if the engines are set corretly in the customizing of your test system
  • Did you configure interface determination in your development system for this interface? In this case you have to configure this in the test system as well (Interface determination is not customizing and will there for not be transported)
  • Maybe AIF does not find the correct interface (due to missing interface determination). Check transaction /AIF/LOG and insert subobject INFDET. Check if there are some application logs that fit to your interface (proxy class or source structure should be mentioned in the log message.

Best regards,

Verena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Verena,

- Engines are configured correctly in test system as in development system.

- Interface determination is not configured at all in any systems.

I couldnt even find messages in /AIF/LOG when they are sent from PI. It's only in SXMB_MONI where i find these messages are successful and no other trace of them.

Thanks for your hint! any further suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks and Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

try  to see the logs in /AIF/LOG or the successful messages in /AIF/ERR_WEB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I don't find /AIF/ERR_WEB transaction in my system at all. Am i running old version of AIF compoenent yet?

system component version : SAP NetWeaver 7.40 and SAP AIF 2.0

Thanks and Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

About ERR_WEB, probably run an old version, but this won't help you either, I think.

Another tip is to look in PI:

Is your service synchronous? For synchronous messages PI only persists the message in PI's message store if the abap proxy returns an error, such as a SOAP Fault. If your abap proxy is not returning an error, then make sure it does. You can raise an application error in AIF.

If PI already receives a SOAP fault, then I suggest you to check if the message was stored in PI: see SAP note 872388 to guide you on this task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To complete my answer, if you want to see successfull messages in /AIF/ERR ensure the message is stored in PI, by default the message is not. You can configure PI to retain the message for a defined period.