cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAKISA-CHANGE DATA ELEMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have enhanced the RFC interface '/NAKISA/OC_POSITION_DETAIL' by adding a new Export table .

However,this new export table is not reflected in NAKISA Admin Console when i am doing the operation " Edit/Create new data element connecting to SAP RFC"

for the data element "PositionDetailDataElement"  under Export Tables Section.

Am I missing anything?....

Thanks!

Sunitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunitha,

Below the step i'm do for enhanced RFC interface :-

Step 1 : Copy RFC

In transaction code SE37, copy RFC /NAKISA/OC_POSITION_DETAIL to a new custom

RFC ZNAKISA_OC_POSITION_DETAIL (including its corresponding INCLUDE programs).

Step 2: Go to Data Center > Edit/Create new data element connecting to SAP RFC

Step 3: Check the checkbox to change the desired data element and click Next button.

Step 4: Search custom RFC by clicking on magnifying glass icon > click Ok to confirm.

*Note: Take a screenshot of ALL the configurations (import parameters, exported tables, field mappings, data field captions, data element properties etc) of the data element, changing to another RFC will refresh all configurations of the data element. Ensure that all configurations are the same as before, except that the RFC name has changed

Examples of configurations:

FYR –#1 Take a screenshot of the import parameters for all 3 pages, then do the same configurations after you’ve modified the RFC name.

FYR –#2 Take a screenshot of the exported tables, then do the same configurations after you’ve modified the RFC name.

FYR –#3 Take a screenshot of the data element properties for all 5 pages, then do the same configurations after you’ve modified the RFC name.

Regards

Mohamad Firhad Samuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamad,

Thanks for your response!!

Copying does work!!...I was wondering why enhancing the Standard RFC does not reflect in NAKISA?

Thanks!

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

Did your issue resolved ?

The reason is to extract the new data element from SAP R/3.

Standard RFC will contains old data element.

Regards

Mohamad Firhad Samuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamad,

Yes , My question is resolved.

I have one more doubt. How to increase the size of Position view box and add new fields in that box.

Thanks & Regards

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

To increase the size of Position view box.You need deploy template call PositionViewBox.xsl using resource bundle.

Fyi, here i attach the sample of the template to add new fields using the the box.

http://talent.aiapublic.my/nakisa/Templates_Deployed.zip

Regards

Mohamad Firhad Samuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!!

I find it bit complicated to understand on how to create a custom template.

Can you give me a detailed steps on where to locate the relevant XSL files in the system( i cannot locate exact folder path of the XSL files) and how to change them and later on how to upload the changes to the build.

My requirement is to add new fields in the Position box .I am able to show the new fields by enhancing the data element. But the template has standard fields so I cannot map my custom fields to the standard fields...

Thanks  again

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

How many fields do you want to add.Kindly check this link for basic view configuration box http://www.nakisa.aiapublic.my/?p=235

Regards

Mohamad Firhad Samuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mohamad,

my requirement needs total 6 fields...two more fields in addition to position detailed view box.

Thanks!

Sunitha

Answers (0)