Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK40N to do the price update in the Comm price field in Mat Master

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In addtion to CK40N updating the Std price, we also wish to update the commericial price field in material master with a different price.

Purpose - Std price is different than commerical price

Differentiator will be the activity rates ( i.e activity rates used for std price will be different for comm price)

Requirement - When CK40N is executed, commericial price tab in Material master should update.

The above requirement is in addition to the normal std cost estimate and release.

Steps to implement.    

1. Create a seperate costing variant.

2. Costing Type - Price Update select Commercial price.

3. Valuation variant - Internal Activity ( *Cost Center Accounting Ver 1.0)

*Note: For Commercial purpose , activity rates would be different than that of used for arriving standard price.

4. Rest all other things will be same parameters used for stand cost estimate.

Do you see any implication of the above

Would it give any issues when commericial price field in material master is updated

Can someone share their experience ( Do & Donts ) in the similar design.

Rds

SB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai

You hit the nail on the head!!

These steps are correct and should work

Br, Ajay M

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your mail

I have done the config. However when I executed CK24 with new Cost Variant ( i.e price updates only commercial price) , the comercial price 3 in material master field is not getting updated.

Following steps done

Created a costing variant

Val variant has price update - Commerical Price

CK11N Done with New Cost Variant

CK24 Done ( click on update prices, give the new cost variant, plant & Comp Code)

Check Comm Price 3 , Check Mat component Update

Execute

Message - Costing Update done successfully

However in the material master commercial price 3 field is not updated.

Please share your comments

Regards

SB

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just a guess may be weird one, have you removed Test run check and done release also.

Rajneesh

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

I have unchecked the Test Run too..

To update the commercial price 3 , understand we should just execute F8 , instead of clicking on Release. But still even when I tried the way you mentioned no use.

Note:

In costing variant price update ( I have changed to "Prices other than standard price" ) still system is not updating the comme

In costing Variant Price Update ( I have changed to "Commercial Price") still no use

OKTZ - for the given cost comp structure - Cost Comp View (5) - COGS, & Commercial Inventory  checked.

In spite of all the above, system shows it has updated the material, however in the material master commercial price 3 field is blank.

Any thoughts

Regards

SB

former_member228896
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Any thoughts??