cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Fiori Launchpad "could not start the app due..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am having a previously unseen (well, at least for me) error which raises on a click on the tile "Track Purchase Orders" on the SAP Fiori Launchpad:

"Could not start the app due to an internal error" (see the screenshot attached)

I haven't found any help on this error on Google and SAP portals.

The other applications work fine. So did this one before the implementation of SAP_UI 740 SP09 (before that it was SAP_UI 740 SP08). We applied all the notes specified in this post http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56967

Components needed for Track Purchase Orders are patched to their maximum levels (UIX01EAP 100 SP03 and SRA020 600 SP05). OData and UI5 services are activated.

Plus, this error doesn't appear in the Gateway error logs (transaction /iwfnd/error_log) so troubleshooting is difficult.

The issue is systematically reproducible and has been reproduced on several computers.

Thanks a lot if you have any insight about this issue!

Best regards,

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too facing the similar errror on click 'Track Purchase Order App' . Earlier it used to work fine.

Resonse link and next Odata call seems to be ok and working fine.

There are no short dumps in the backend system.

Error Techincal informaiton  :

SAPUI5.Component=ui.s2p.mm.purord.tracking

Thanks and Regards

Raheem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to clean the web browser cache and try again, worked for me.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please confirm that your issue has been fixed and root cause was just local browser cache.

Clearing browser cache is in .

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too clear the browser cache and restarted my laptop and its starts working.

Thanks and Regards

Raheem

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

You can ignore those error messages for non Track Purchase Order app. It is correct error message because you have not configured those OData services. Launchpad keeps updating the approval workitem count from the backend and gives correct error.

The ResolveLink response looks OK and you need to find the next OData call.

Please also check the short dump in the backend.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification about the workitem count errors.

The OData call I am expecting (sap/opu/odata/sap/SRA020_PO_TRACKING_SRV) is never made.

There are no short dump in the backend.

Regards,

Guillaume

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

Please check OData response for ResolveLink which gets the app URL.

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for replying.

I have inspected the element and clicked on the tile. The network tab is below:

The status seems OK.

The response for ResolveLink:

{"d":{"results":[{"__metadata":{"id":"http://<server>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/UI2/INTEROP/NavTargets('PurchaseOrder-track~68')","uri":"<server>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/UI2/INTEROP/NavTargets('PurchaseOrder-track~68')","type":"INTEROP.NavTarget"},"id":"PurchaseOrder-track~68","shellType":"FLP","postParameters":"","text":"Track Purchase Order","applicationData":"SAPUI5.Component=ui.s2p.mm.purord.tracking","applicationAlias":"TrackPurchaseOrder","applicationType":"URL","url":"/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/mm_purord_tpo"}]}}

I'm surprised that gbapp_poapproval and sra001 OData services are called here (with an intriguing ";mo")... We have found these errors in our /iwfnd/error_log screen after the SAP_UI 740 SP09 patch. Seeing this, we have installed GBAPP002 600 SP6 and SRA001 600 SP4 and activated the OData services but have not tried to use the corresponding apps (meaning that we have not done any other app implementation tasks because we don't really intend to for the moment).

In case the two problems are related, these are the responses to these requests:

For gbapp_poapproval request

{"error":{"code":"GBAPP_APV_MSG/013","message":{"lang":"en","value":"Workflow Task Type is not passed as filter criteria"},"innererror":{"transactionid":"53EB173F121613F0E1008000A87C135A","timestamp":"20140814124456.5404250","Error_Resolution":{"SAP_Transaction":"Run transaction /IWFND/ERROR_LOG on SAP NW Gateway hub system and search for entries with the timestamp above for more details","SAP_Note":"See SAP Note 1797736 for error analysis (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1797736)"},"errordetails":[{"code":"GBAPP_APV_MSG/013","message":"Workflow Task Type is not passed as filter criteria","propertyref":"","severity":"error"},{"code":"/IWBEP/CX_MGW_BUSI_EXCEPTION","message":"An exception was raised.","propertyref":"","severity":"error"}]}}}

For gbapp_prapproval request

{"error":{"code":"GBAPP_APV_MSG/013","message":{"lang":"en","value":"Workflow Task Type is not passed as filter criteria"},"innererror":{"transactionid":"53EB0B1112160FA0E1008000A87C135A","timestamp":"20140814124456.4449070","Error_Resolution":{"SAP_Transaction":"Run transaction /IWFND/ERROR_LOG on SAP NW Gateway hub system and search for entries with the timestamp above for more details","SAP_Note":"See SAP Note 1797736 for error analysis (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1797736)"},"errordetails":[{"code":"GBAPP_APV_MSG/013","message":"Workflow Task Type is not passed as filter criteria","propertyref":"","severity":"error"},{"code":"/IWBEP/CX_MGW_BUSI_EXCEPTION","message":"An exception was raised.","propertyref":"","severity":"error"}]}}}

For sra001_pcapproval request

{"error":{"code":"SRA001_CMN_MSG/013","message":{"lang":"en","value":"Workflow Task Type is not passed as filter criteria"},"innererror":{"transactionid":"53EB0E4512161140E1008000A87C135A","timestamp":"20140814124456.3244590","Error_Resolution":{"SAP_Transaction":"Run transaction /IWFND/ERROR_LOG on SAP NW Gateway hub system and search for entries with the timestamp above for more details","SAP_Note":"See SAP Note 1797736 for error analysis (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1797736)"},"errordetails":[{"code":"SRA001_CMN_MSG/013","message":"Workflow Task Type is not passed as filter criteria","propertyref":"","severity":"error"},{"code":"/IWBEP/CX_MGW_BUSI_EXCEPTION","message":"An exception was raised.","propertyref":"","severity":"error"}]}}}

Regards,

Guillaume