cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logo challenge in Crystal from SAP ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crystal and SAP Gurus

We have a challenge in Crystal Reports on ALV list from SAP.

Our customer want a logo placed on top right side of the page/report.

I have succesfully made a template for this in Crystal, but when it is imported and is running from SAP, a new Report Header is made with aditional information.  Such as surch-criterias.

This new report header is placed before the one I made, hence the logo placed in the old report header, is now in report header2, and no longer on top of the page.

Any suggestions ?

Is it possible to change order of the two sections in runtime ?

Best Regards

Ingrid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingrid - we installed what is included in this note:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1353044

Tammy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Print Structure - ALV Grid Control - SAP Library

Hi Again

and

I think I have found some useful information in the documentation in the link on the top here.

However I have not been able to see how these parameters are set in my system. I will have access to an ABAP-er on thursday, and I guess he will be able to find out where these parameters are set.

If it is possible Tammy, can you find out how these settings are on your system / or your report.  Since the report is acting differently and more desirable in your system than in ours.

Very Best Regards Ingrid

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your ABAP person can tell me how to access those parameters in my system, yes, I can share that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again

It might have something to do with our installation of Crystal.  It is not latest version installed on the PC whenever the GUI is installed.  Do you know which version Crystal Reports Viewer you are on ?.

We tried to alter some of the values in the Print Sctructure mentioned in my last post, but with no effect on the report.

Best Regards Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to create a new document for the scn Crystal Page. There towards the bottom it was a upload file possibility, but the .rpt is not supported.  I am not sure if it will be possible for you to get it if I rename it to a .txt file..

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the extension of the report from .rpt to .txt and then attach. That should work just fine and is actually the only way to send us the report from SCN!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhilas.  I have now sendt the report by e-mail to Tammy.

I guess  you can get it from her.

Thanks for the tip on .txt.

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I attach ?  Or can I send by e-mail?

Ingrid

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you select your discussion you could edit it and towards bottom left there should be a button to "choose file" to upload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Testing out the possibility Underlay following sections buttom in section expert.

Or maybe relative positon..

Relative positioning is only working vertically in the same section - so it will not solve my problem.

Underlaying following sections will as the name suggests.. only underlay the sections coming AFTER the one that has this option marked.
- so it will not solve my problem either.

My problem is:

- My logo is in the top right corner in my report header section when I save my template.

When the template is used from ALV a NEW report header section is placed into the report and it gets to be the first to be shown.

My original report header sections will be pressed down, and the logo is no longer in the top right corner.

Please, if you have any suggestions .

Ingrid

Message was edited by: Ingrid Husby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pushing it up..

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingrid,

I guess you might be looking for help in the wrong space. I don't know what ALV is however, if that's what's causing a new Report Header section and hence pushing the existing header down, then someone with ALV experience should be able to find out what's causing this.

Where do you view the reports from?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash.

Thank you for your answer !

The ALV is a list output from SAP ERP. 
I hoped you might had worked with it.

I have tried to ask in the ABAP section as well.  I do not think there is a specifiv ALV section

Do you happen to know if there is some kind of macro available that might swich the order of the two sections after the report has gotten its content ?

Best Regards

Ingrid

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm wondering how the system manages to create a Report Header at runtime, in the first place!

Only someone who knows that system might be able to tell whether a macro exists or not.

I'm guessing knows?

-Abhilash

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh no, I really don't know, Abhilash

I was hoping you could help Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/message/4246570#4246570

I think the ABAP in this

REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY Function might be where the answer is.

Unfortunately I am not an ABAP'er,  and I guess something is happening between the ABAP and the Crystal Reports as well

Thanks for your interest !

Ingrid

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ingrid:

Could you include a screen shot of how it currently looks (use the camera icon)?  Also specify which enhancement pack you are on?

Not sure I can help but the more information the better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have taken away some info from my customer.

My original header section i Crystal Reports had a logo on the very top right corner.

After running the report in ALV we can see that the logo - represented by a yellow square, is pressed further down.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And which ECC enhancement pack are you on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ERP 6.0 EHP 7 - they are going live on a more recent. ( live october)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ingrid - could you try downloading the Crystal Report, add the logo here (as shown) and re-upload?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this report the logo is placed in the page header.  I have also tried to put it in the Report Header.

I am on another system than my customers now, so I am not able to run it .

But I have tried every option on Report Header and Page Header.

The parameters from the ABAP I guess is pressed in top of page, and the logo is pressed further down on the page.

best regards  Ingrid

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ingrid - I can't recreate this the way it is working for you. See below:

This is Design Time:

This is run time;

What transaction code/report are you using in your example?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a report  VA05 List of SalesOrders.

In this image you can se the following:

- I opened my ALV report, used the standard SAP Crystal Template to view it, and exported that report.

- Then I understood that parameters are made

- These parameters are put into text objects, and displayed in a new Header section.

- I tried to then use this report as a new template, to se if I would get a new header, or if the previous header would be the only one.

- As you can se a new header was put on top of the previous header.

My problem is still there

(I am hiding my customers logo)

Best Regards Ingrid

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I tried VA05 in my system.

I decided to hide the report header and move the parameters to the page header and included the logo there:

This is design time.

Now run time:

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only difference I see between the two screenshots is that Ingrid's report opens in CR for Enterprise  Designer whereas Tammy's report opens in the CR Designer (if at all that makes a difference?).

-Abhilash

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good eye and you may have solved the problem, Abhilash!

Ingrid:

SAP does not support Crystal Reports for Enterprise with ALV; you will need to make these changes in Crystal Reports 2008/2011/2013 and then import.

Thank you Abhilash...well done!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash and Tammy.

Thanks again for you interest in this problem !

All the changes I have made, is made in Crystal Reports.

Although the screenshot was from Enterprise Edition.

The major difference between the two screenshots is that Tammys is not having a report header section on top.  Only the page header.

I have tried this as well, but here a new Report Header is produced on runtime, and I have no control over this new Report Header, since it is not in my template.

Do anyone know where or what is moving the parameters over from ALV to Crystal Reports ?

Best Regards Ingrid

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ingrid - I hid the report header and dragged the parameters over to the page header; is there any chance you can attach your Crystal RPT file to this thread (hide the critical company information) so we can take a look?