Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Revenue Not Updating in PS Reports

sukhveer_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Threre are many threads available regarding that issue but none of the thread is not giving me answer.

My Problem is that. Sales order is assigned to WBS Element and Plan revenue is coming from billing plan via milestones.

But during actual invoicing actual revenue is not updating in my PS reports. Even it is updating in CJI3 in Revenue cost elements.

I have run CJEN and still actual revenue is not coming in project reports.

Please find config screen shots. Cost element category is 11 only.

Invoicing is hiting correct cost element which is 40000060 but why it is not updating in my reports.

please guide me, what is missing?

Thanks & regards.

Sukhveer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukhveer,

Please consult your SD consultant in resolving this issue.

Check vov7 settings as well. The billing relevance field should not be blank. Please check if the billing element indicator is set against your WBS element.

To analyze the error, proceed as follows:

1. Is an account displayed in the sales and distribution document in the condition detail screen (for example, condition PR00) ? Is there a cost element in this account and are you allowed to post sales revenue to it? (cost element category) If the answer is yes, then proceed to 5. If no, then proceed to 2.

2. Check the relevancy for billing of the sales and distribution document item in Customizing (-> Sales and distribution -> Sales -> Sales documents -> Sales document item -> Define item types).  If 'Not relevant for billing' is entered, correct this.  This will probably clear the error. If 'I' (according to billing plan) is entered, the system only updates sales revenues if billing plan dates exist in the sales document.

3. Check in Customizing that a billing type is assigned to your sales document type (-> Sales and distribution -> Sales -> Sales documents -> Sales document header -> Define sales document types). The billing type can be found in the 'Billing document' block. The relevant billing type depends on the defined relevancy for billing (see point 2). If no billing type is entered, enter one.  This will probably clear the error.

4. Check in Customizing that an account determination procedure is assigned to the billing type determined in step 3 (-> Sales and distribution -> Billing -> Billing documents -> Define billing types). If no account determination procedure is entered, enter one. This will probably clear the error. If an account determination procedure has already been assigned, the error is probably caused by an incorrect structure of this plan. Check the plan.

5. You will probably not be able to correct this error yourself. However, you can provide some information beforehand. Enter parameter MCL in your user master record and valuate it with 'X' (upper case) (-> System -> User profile -> User parameters). You activate an user-specific TRACE function this way.

6. Change, for example, the pricing date or item value in the quotation or sales order and save the change.

7. Execute Transaction MC30 for your user ID (/NMC30). You now see a list of all data structures that were set up for the Logistics Information System (LIS) in step 6. Check whether structure S008 is contained in this list. This information is required to further analyze the error.

8. If structure S008 is contained in the MC30 log, call Transaction SA38, program name RKPSSHOW, -> Execute (F8), enter the number of the affected sales and distribution document and press -> Execute (F8) again. The output list (or the fact that no list is generated) is also needed for analysing the error further.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the above comments please check opsb settings as well.

Please refer the following thread 

This should be of help.

Regards

Varun

sukhveer_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

I told to my SD consultant to check these settings,  according to him all settings are OK.

Something else we are missing. We need some more help to resolve these issue..

Need more feedback to resolve this issue. We are not using assemble processing for SD-PS integration.

Just milestone billing we are using.

If the revenue cost elements are capturing correctly during invoicing we can check in CJI3, why it is not updating in CN41 or other revenue reports?

If someone from our PS team can advice..

Thanks & Regards,

Sukhveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukhveer,

Have you assigned the revenue element for billing plan to WBS element in opsb setting? Can you please try to assign the revenue element 40000060 and let me know if this helps?

Regards

Varun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to assign 'Revenue element of biling plan' in your planning profile (OPSB) .

Do the sae and check again.

Regards

Saurabh

sukhveer_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Value categories setting was missing.

Now the values are updating properly.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks & Regards,

Sukhveer