cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSAS 2008 Custom/Calculate Member Grey Out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using SSAS 2008 as our olap back end and is migrating from 3.1 voyager to 4.1.

In the 4.1, all the custom member are grey out, cannot use them in the row or column...  HELP

Thanks

rs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R S,

Well we have done some "Jugaad" here and have resolved it.

So here is process :

1) Move your dimension "Occupied Date" from Filter to Rows section.

2) Select all members of this dimension

3) Now on report main area. i.e. report sheet , drill down to members which you have to remove.

4) Right click on to-be-removed member and click "Remove"

5) Now sign against your dimension name in Rows section will change from hierarchy to Filter.

6) Move the dimension back to Filter section.

7) Voila !

Try it  and thanks for posting this issue here.

BR,

AchinM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AchinM,

Got an error on step 4, when removing member.

Even if the approve approach work, we have need the ability to select the Calc. Members on the row and column, not on filter.

Some of our users have been complaining on the new design & layout, they like the old version (3.1, XIR2) navigation lot better

-rs

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error is because you are removing all members.

Before removing relevant members, you have to check the box 'select everything' and then remove those which are not needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R S,

We are facing same issue because of upgrade. Has this issue being resolved ?

Can you provide us suitable pointers ?

Thanks and Regards,

AchinM

Former Member
0 Kudos

My friend,

SAP does not supporting that feature in 4.1.. Hopefully in future version.

rs

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's been a week and no-one reply!!!

Is this just the way the product is built or an issue with the product.  How are people migrating from 3.1 resolve around this.  

-rs

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RS  - please understand that those who reply here do it on their own time, including SAP employees.

If you have to have a response, I recommend opening an incident with SAP support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"R S",

I was going to say "Welcome to SCN," but I see that you are not new, you just have not done anything but ask questions for 4 years.  I suggest that you review the SCN Rules of Engagement; you might find other members here to be more responsive if you tried being a bit more engaged and following the rules and recommendations a bit more closely.

Good luck with SAP Support on your issue.

Gretchen