cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export a document structure to a local file (spreadsheet)

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using document structures now to manage our NPI project data through EasyDMS.   What we are looking to achive is to be able to take a snapshot of the document structure at a critical moment in time.  Specifically, when we launch the new product.  On the material side, we have CS11 which will explode a BOM and let you export the results to a spreadsheet.   I am looking for the same functionality for a document structure.   How can we do this?  I don't see an option to export with the CV13 transaction.  Is there another transaction available to achive this?   I know that we can enter CV13 with a validity date to browse and drill down into the contents at the time of launch, but we are looking to create a listing of the documents in the structure instead, which is easier to review "at a glance".

Thanks,

Joseph Whiteley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting question. I tried looking around, but didnt find anything perfect.

The best option is the document structure browser as found in the PLM7 document work center.  It gives you an export, but doesn't keep the levels. All you get is a flat excel file...

Screenshots below

Espen

0 Kudos

This looks promising.   Which SAP client package is this document work center in?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Taken from PLM7, that is the technical packages /PLMU/WEB_UI and /PLMU/WEB_UI2.

The function is called Document Browser and is available from the document control center.

Have a look at the role SAP_PLMWUI_DISCRETE_MENU2, under the folder documents. There you should find it.

espen