cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using the Unified Inbox in a Production Environment yet?

bradp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently assessing the different SAP Workflow Inbox options, with the Unified Inbox being the first choice.

With it being so new, it still seems to be a bit of a "Work in progress" from SAP's side.

With the BSP application (/IWPGW/TGW_UNIF_INBOX) and Gateway service (/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING version 2) still evolving in the latest Support Packs and the UI5 Inbox API still being expanded with each release.

Not to mention the fact that the Inbox API has a very clear warning "Experimental API:Since version 1.5.2. API is not yet finished and might change completely" in the API Reference Documentation.

Just wondering if there are any SAP customers out there who are using it in a Production Environment yet?

If so I would really love to get some feedback regarding the following points:

• Performance
  • Stability
  • Functionality

Or any other feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi folks and thanks Brad... just wanted to add that if you are looking to implement the Unified Inbox please make sure you are on the latest version to get the latest features such as attachment support for SAP Business Workflow.  Also we will be running a webex session on the Unified Inbox on Fiori very soon and we'll post details on SCN as soon as we have a confirmed date.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

bradp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jocelyn, looking forward to that webex session.

We waited patiently to upgrade to IW_PGW SP06 which contains all the improvements and latest functionality you are referring to. As it had a dependency on SAP_GWFND SP08 which was released only 2 months (Mid September) after. Where as it was available for Gateway add-on IWFND SP09 in July.

It really does contain massive improvements to the Unified Inbox with the extra features you're referring to. The /IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING version 2 Gateway service is way more complete now and the /IWPGW/TGW_UNIF_INBOX Unified Inbox BSP has been completely re-written using UI5 Components approach which has proven extremely useful in our case in order to enhance the Inbox by re-using the Unified Inbox component and not needing to modify anything SAP standard.

I'm really impressed with it so far! I'm a big fan!

Cheers,

Brad

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That's really good to hear Brad! Hope you saw the Fiori version at INT201 session at SAP Teched&&dcode? Or that Vikrant gave you a sneak peek?

If not you'll have some nice things to look forward to at the webex!  Details soon ....

bradp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Yes I did see INT201 and Vikrant gave us a sneak peek before that.

I really hope the Fiori version of the Unified Inbox is in addition to the current one and not a replacement.

Cheers,

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brad,

Did you manage to implement the Unified inbox in your system. There is no clear direction on this.

Do we need SAP Mobile platform to bring this unified inbox in Mobile?

bradp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

We are in the process of implementing it.

No, you do not need SAP Mobile Platform, only SAP Netweaver Gateway and the IW_PGW Process Gateway component installed.

The Unified Inbox is not designed for use via mobile (although it would work through a tablet), for this you probably want to look at Fiori Approve Requests which uses the same backend service. For this you will also need SAP Netweaver Gateway and IW_PGW( Process Gateway) component. You still wont need SAP Mobile Platform for Fiori Approve Requests.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Brad