cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database utility SE14 purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I have read a few forums on the functionality or SE14, but and unable to understand the exact occasion on when to use this TCode.

Its been said that SE14 is automatically executed while moving the transports.

We had an issue while moving the transport to production while one of the transparent table was locked in the database.

Due to this there was an inconsistency between the SAP Application table and the Database table and the ALTER TABLE function failed.

So, my question is does SE14 adjust the DB table by using table conversion.

Regards,

[V]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have used SE14 for example when I have a custom table with for example 5 fields, and this table contains data. The along comes a requirement that this table has to be enhanced e.g. a new field has to be added on to this table. As soon as you do this the table is no longer aligned. What I do is go to SE11 add in my new field and then activate the object, then go to SE14 adjust and activate the table from there, and now the table is good to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Glen, Thanks for the reply but question is still not answered. I am assuming the SE14 will adjust the table even if its locked at database level.

Regards,

[V]

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mariano, Thanks for the response, but I have reads thru all these links and all these say is the database needs to be quiet, which was not in our case. The table was locked in the database and we were trying to adjust during the same time.

My question as I mentioned earlier is "Does SE14 adjust/convert the table even if the (e.g VBAK/VBAP) tables are locked in the database."

Regards,

[V]