cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with FileUpload UI element in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem when trying to use the ‘FileUpload’ UI element in Web Dynpro ABAP.  I get the below error when trying to upload any file:

Error when Uploading; the file name is invalid or the file is too large.

I researched about this and found that this is a problem with the standard SAP UI element and was directed to the note ‘0001736212.  According to this, we need to have support packs ‘SAPKB73105’ and  ‘SAPKB73106’ to rectify this error.  We are not in a position to upgrade our system since we are about to go live and it's a risk to the entire project.

Now the question is, is there any other alternative solution I can use to upload the files from the WebDynrpo application with out using the standard WebDynpro File Upload UI element.

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

AFAIK there is no other alternate way to upload file w/o using file upload UI element. Corrections have recently been released in the web dynpro component to correct problems in NW7.31 in the web dynpro layer and you may find such errors would occur such as "unable to upload file to repository please check the file path" or "FileUpload error: "Error when uploading; the file name is invalid or the file is too large" and notes 1731985, 1736212, 1784975 and 1791729 will all be required.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks friends, so in this case i have no other option other then ECC upgrade to SP06 as per note 0001736212.

is there any note which can resolve this issue with out upgrade? I don't mind applying a single note like changing some code manually specific to this class or method , some thing like that instead SP upgrade.

Client doens't want to goahed with upgrade , I am still looking is there any wrok around for this problem.

Thanks

Krishna

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

I think its better check the browser version, you are using & try to run in other browsers like chrome, firefox.

Also try to run your application in your colleagues systems,to find if the problem persists.

Hope this might help you.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I don't think there is another way you can attach files to WD applications. But as mentioned in notes, did you check if you have a History/ValueSuggest function on your view. May be you can sacrifice on it to get this working.

This problem occurs only if there is also an input field with an activated History/ValueSuggest function on the view that contains the FileUpload user interface (UI) element.

Br,

Nadh