cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Assets Under Construction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

A customer has many fixed assets that are currently under construction during a Go Live implementation.  I realize ByD uses projects as a bit of a work around for handling assets under construction in the system, but what is the best way to handle the data-migration of these assets under construction in ByD?  (along with the expenses/etc associated with these assets under construction)?

thanks a lot,

-Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben

- You can migrate the asset under construction as Projects and use account assignment "Projects" to assign associated expenses etc to the respective projects.

- At the end of the project lifecycle, once the project is complete, new fixed asset can be setup under FA WoC using manual acquisition.

Hope this helps and let me know if you require mored etails.

Regards

Gopal Walia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

My understanding is that project balances cannot be migrated in ByD. We have been advised to manually key in all existing projects with budgets, sales orders etc. We are not sure what to do with existing project costs and invoices as historical data cannot be migrated either.

Since you suggested migrating the 'Assets under construction' as projects, I wonder if that is a special category? I was planning on using 'Direct Cost Project' process variant as suggested in the ByD help centre for 'Assets Under Construction'

Any further information is appreciated. Thanks

Answers (0)