cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger workflow from standard webdynpro application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am very new to workflow, I got a requirement to trigger workflow from standard webdynpro application.

Requirement is:

I need to create a button on the standard screen, by clicking the button i need a popup screen(custom). In the pop-up screen am using two fields and a button. On clicking that button, workflow needs to trigger (basically an email is sent to the higher authority/manager). The manager can either approve it or reject it. But i need to check the status and store the status in a Database Table basically a custom table.

Do we got any standard workflow to do this type of requirement or need to create a custom workflow for it??

Your Inputs are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mohsin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this document for reference:

This will help you!

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guyz,

Any ideas/inputs how to approach the above requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a simple thing, I think you would have found it by now if you have searched SCN for this...

1. Create a class implementing IF_WORKFLOW

2. Define a Event

3. In your workflow register this event as start event

4. Trigger this event on your action method

Standard workflows are for business processes, and I would suggest that you check with your WF consultant if a Workflow already exists for the process you are working on.

About the status, you should be able to get status from task id. There are some standard Functions available like this one "SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_BY_TASK". You really don't have to save it into a database.

Br,

Nadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nadh,

Thanks for your input. do you got any documents/videos for this kind of requirement as iam new to workflow. I have searched in sdn, found the document which kiran has posted but WD application is a custom one but not standard application.

Any further inputs or suggestion or solutions is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mohsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moshin,

I think you should first take this "Standard Application" out from your mind.

From your message, I assume that you want to trigger a custom workflow, only to send an email. So in this case, you do not have to worry about standard or custom WD Component. You have succeeded in creating a button and its onaction method, so you can trigger this start event from there.

You can still follow the same steps I have mentioned in my last reply... and if you need some inputs on implementing workflow class and triggering the event, read this post...

How to Create and Trigger Class Based Workflow from Web Dynpro ABAP

Br,

Nadh

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Workflow is difficult to do without training.  I highly suggest an SAP WF class if you are having trouble with this simple task of triggering a workflow event.  Triggering a WF event from WD4A should be no different than triggering in ABAP.