Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under what scenario does palletization data in WM II require to maintain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have questions about the palletisation data in the WMII view

A – The palletisation data in the WMII view, if maintained, does it means the warehouse movement for this material, be it putaway and picking,
MUST be subjected to storage unit management?  Reason I say this is because the maintenance of palletisation field in the WMII view require the entry of SUT.

B – How do I know when the palletisation data require maintaining in the WM II view? I mean this is a silly question to ask you but how do I  approach the business as I notice in my previous project that material which are store in a pallet (i.e. upon receiving in the dock and later move it into the bin together with the pallet ) does not have the  palletisation data maintained in the WMII view.

Regards

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your storage Type is SU managed and SUT check is active then yes this entry is required.Storage Unit helps you to optimize your warehouse space effectively and hence it is advisable that once you have this data available. How many box or carton per pallet can be stored then make the storage type as SU managed and make all the movement in SU form to make the operation less time consuming and effective.

I have seen couple of my project that they don't want to store this number in the material master WM2 view and they do the palatalization based on the experience without any system guidance so this scenario is very much possible but in this case you are manually feeding the detail in the system  at the time of confirmation to the transfer order how much you are storing in a bin.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Don't get confused..

A - Yes(maintaining palletization data in wm2 view is standard practice to maintain sut )

B - Second scenario i.e  How do I know when the palletisation data require maintaining in the WM II view?

Here business/Consultant has to take a call whether making use of SUM is expediting and making the operation easy !

Sometimes you know company use SUT just because of their warehouse structure.

Regards,

OM

former_member226908
Participant
0 Kudos

A- Yes. If it is maintained, it is subject to storage unit management.

B- If material master contains palletization data, the system uses it for default values for every putaway activity. If it is not maintained or if the palletization deviates from the data in material master, you can change the system proposal in the transfer order manually.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Karthik

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos
B- If material master contains palletization data, the system uses it for default values for every putaway activity. If it is not maintained or if the palletization deviates from the data in material master, you can change the system proposal in the transfer order manually.

Just to mark that if you are using a Bulk Storage putaway strategy, palletization data is completely mandatory.