Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

carrer advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone

i need  your valuable advises on this !

as i am very new to this environment of sap, i had completed my masters in software engineering and now i want to pursue a carreer in sap

i don't want to be in software development further,  seeking from more of an administration and management perspective with SAP

would need a counselling on the topic so that i can get the right path to move on

as the question are regarding the

- modules offered in sap

- which module to be preferred

- carrer scope in that module

your replies will be highly appreciated , and thanks in advance .

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Quresh,

Please see the blog, FAQ: What is the best SAP module for me?, for more information regarding your query. I recommend you start with a good overview book about SAP and/or checking out some of the free overview videos on You Tube.

The first task is to find out which Component or module resonates with your interests most strongly. The words administration and management may mean different things to you than they do in the SAP community. SAP System Administration (also known as Basis) deals with the day to day operations of the SAP systems. If you are familiar with the job responsibilities of an Operating System or Database Administrator, then you have a pretty good idea of what Basis is all about.

In the SAP world, "management" typically refers to Project or Program Management and revolves around making sure SAP projects are implemented efficiently, on-time, and on-budget. If you have studied implementation methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc) and these types of ideas/concepts interest you, then SAP Project Management might be a good way to go.

The key is to find out what interests you most, because your career is long and if you pick a specialty simply because you think it makes the most money, you will be miserable for the majority of it. If you are not passionate about what you do day-to-day, then no amount of money will make you happy or satisfied in the long run.

The folks with the most successful SAP careers are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do the research necessary to find what they need to know. I wish you all the best in your career!

Best regards,

--Tom

P.S. You might also find helpful information at the following collection of blogs:SAP Career Blog Links