Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career Advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is Arun Kumar I Have done my B.Tech in CSIT 2010 pass out and hold an experience of 3.5 yrs in sales and looking forward to have a career in SAP.

Kindly suggest me how can I get into IT and pursue my career as a SAP SD consultant

Please advice...

-Arun Kumar

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

First you need to update your CV appropriately and upload to same to job portals or apply through refferals to various companies.

As you have already mentioned that you have 3.5 yrs of experience in Sales, SD would be a more appropriate SAP module to further your career into.

Also, try to check out some blogs here on SCN which may be very useful for you in understanding SAP and SAP SD module in particular.

You may refer to SD community link for further information on SD module

SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD)

Regards,

Gopal.

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

If you are interested to chose SAP SD as your carrier choice , we are welcome you to our community . But carrier will be good unless until if you do hard work . please upload your resume in job portals and try to explore your knowledge by giving solutions in SCN .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Your first task is to familiarize yourself with the high level overview of SAP functionality. Your previous career in "Sales" might line you up for SAP Sales and Distribution or it might be that SAP Customer Relationship Management is closer to your current knowledge base. You should find a good book which contains an overview of SAP functionality overall (Enterprise Resource Planning) and of the SAP SD module and the SAP CRM component in particular. Also, YouTube has a number of introductory videos which cover the basics.

You might find some of your more typical questions answered at the following link:SAP Career Blog Links.  The general advice is not to quit your current job to take training in hopes of getting certification, thinking that certification by itself guarantees a job. Check those blogs and you'll find some hard stories from folks who took that route. Use the job you have to move eventually into the career you want. Please check those links as much information is provided.

I wish you all the best on your new endevour!

Best regards,

--Tom