cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Add-in Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have installed BPC 10.0 M, after installation I opened the link (http://<PC_server:port>/sap/bpc/web) as given in Install guide to install the Administration client and EPM for Add-in, I am able to install Administration client from launch page but when I click on "Install EPM Add-in for Microsoft Office" it does not run the installation.

As we are using Office 2013 64 bit so we need to install EPM Add-in Big Volume version, I have copied the "EPM Add-in_NET40.exe" at path "\Websrvr\Web\BPC\Installation folder" on Application server as mentioned in Install guide. Is it like the EPM Add-in installation link on launch page only runs the installer for normal EPM Add-in installation and not for Big Volume version?

Please Advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please Advice on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to rename EPM Add-in_NET40.exe to EPM Add-in.exe?

Brgds

Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, Do I need to rename EPM Add-in_NET40.exe to EPM Add-in.exe? I haven't renamed it as it was not mentioned in Install guide.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

I think it's worth a try because I guess it's hardcoded that the name should be that to be able to reach in via the web interface.

Brgds

Mattias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mattias,

I renamed EPM Add-in_NET40.exe to EPM Add-in.exe and web interface is able to install after that, One thing I noticed that when we Install Administration client from web interface, After Install the link comes under launch area is "Planning and Consolidation Administration" to connect to Administration module but in case of EPM Add-in even after installation also it shows link "Install EPM Add-in for Microsoft Office"

Is it like that?

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess that the web interface doesn't recognize the big volume version...

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Rohit,

I believe this is due to the fact that you are launching Internet Explorer in 32 bit mode and the EPM add-in is natively installed in the 64 bit registry keys.

SAP Note 1873308 describes the issue you see. If you open IE in 64 bit mode you should see the Add-in showing as installed and able to launch it from the web browser.

Regards,

Peter Kreutlein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your reply, I tried opening BPC web in IE 64 bit and it is showing EPM Add-in as Installed but for Admin module now its showing "Install Planning and Consolidation Administration" (please refer screenshot1 for IE 64 bit)

If I open BPC web in IE 32 bit then it shows "Planning and Consolidation Administration" as installed but "Install EPM Add-in for Microsoft Office" link for EPM Add-in.

Is it because EPM add-in is natively installed in the 64 bit registry keys and Planning and Consolidation Administration is natively installed in the 32 bit registry keys?

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

IE 64 bit

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm afraid that may be the case. I'm not sure when this issue will be resolved so that both the Admin and the Excel client will show as installed in either 32 bit or 64 bit mode.