cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see the workprocess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I am using Net-weaver 7.4 in the instance profile I increased the spool process from 1 to 2 and I re-started my SAP &  D/B as well, but still I am unable to see the increased work-process in the system (SM50..) even at RZ03 also I am still able to see the value is 1. Where as at parameter is showing 2 in RZ10. What would be the reason? can some-one let me know...?

Regards, Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In order to see the changes in rz03, you have to update the work process distribution there.

Kindly change that and then no. of work processes will show as 2.

Could you please check in rz11 and see whats the value of the spool work processes there?

Regards,

Meenu Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, Thanks for the quick response. But as per you suggestion I already checked. 1. I changed the Profile at O/S level only and re-started the system at application level (SAP) I am able to see the new parameter value but not the w/p. 2.I checked the value of rdisp/wp_max_no in RZ11 it is showing as "Default". 3.I checked the spool process parameter value in RZ11 it is showing 2 and I distribute the w/p in RZ10 under "Basic Maintenance" which is showing the value 2. Is their any where we can check....? Regards, Anil

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Make changes from RZ10

Refer: http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver/blog/2012/07/28/change-sap-profile-parameters

Count the number of work processes and check it with default value of rdisp/wp_max_no

If it's not less than or equal to it Default value, then increase it.

Once this done, bounce your system.

Regards,

Divyanshu

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

is the correction from note:

2008726 - Changing the number of spool work processes and operation mode

switching

implemented in the system?

Regards,
Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri, I didn't get your answer. When I check the parameter at RZ11 ( rdisp/wp_max_no ) it is showing the value as "DEFAULT". Can I change that value in to number (which I will count all the w/p like dia,update...) like that....? Anil.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just change the value from RZ10 of you spool parameter in instance profile and restart you system.

Check reply.

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Since the profile was modified at operating system level, kindly perform the following step:

Go to rz10 and select Utilities and in there select Import Profiles.

After executing this step, please check the profile parameter value and take a restart of the system. Then check the value in rz11.

Let me know in case of issues.

Regards,

Meenu Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enns, After applying the note 2008726 it has been worked. Followed the steps: 1. Applied the note my system version is 7.4 with SP07 and this note is released for SP08 so it is relevant to me. 2. After applied the note I restarted my application (only SAP) and checked the Profile consistency in RZ04 and I saved the same. 3. Once came back from the screen I am able to see two spool process in RZ04 & SM50. Once again thank you all, especially Enns. Regards, Anil.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Have you increase the total number of work processes(rdisp/wp_max_no) in your profile ?

Regards,

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To check your profiles consistency.. Check with SAPPFPAR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri, I already executed the command at O/S level it doesn't show any error, the command prompt came with out any error. Anil

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

After setting the parameter have you restarted the instance to make the parameter effective.Please confirm.

If still getting same than try to edit instance profile manually at OS level and change the value for required parameter from 1 to 2 and recheck again for the effectiveness.

Regards,

Gaurav