cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration SAP ERP & SAP Sourcing through Oracle ESB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently I am working on architecture design for new implementation of SAP Sourcing 10.

Obviously we are going to face integration aspects between SAP ERP & SAP Sourcing (Material, Vendor Master etc..).

As the the main integration platform in client's architecture is Oracle ESB, I wonder if we can use it instead of SAP PI. Client is not even considering new installation of SAP PI for integrating ERP & Sourcing, although the SAP documentation clearly states SAP PI is a mandatory component.

Do you think we can do it with Oracle ESB? Obviously assuming a greater effort than it would take with SAP PI.

As ERP <-> Sourcing scenarios base on RFC, IDOC, File, HTTP - I would say yes at first thought (as Oracle ESB is capable of communication in these protocols). But is anyone with such experience? Are there any other limitations that should be considered?

Regards,

Tomasz Gałdyś

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

All of the Integration Content is built for PI.  Hopefully someone that has done this with Oracle ESB will respond but I think there will be significantly more work as the integration that is delivered is all done with PI in mind.  Some customers have decided to go ahead with PI so that they could take advantage of the standard integration.

Rosemary

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

You can achieve above Integration using Magic xpi Integration Platform. Our Integration API is certified from SAP and Oracle. You can achieve data transformation by simply drag and drop of business components (SAP, Oracle) and visually mapping data from source to destination. You can achieve and automate number of business process and integrate any number of business applications.

Let me know your contact details to take the discussion ahead,

Regards

Rajiv